Forum

Question [Suggestion] Publish a full permissions list

Hi!

I'm currently working on a feature for my node-teamspeak3-client package and i don't find anywhere an official permissions list wich contains the available parameters like :

PermID PermSID Description Value Negated Skip Grant
    12345 b_permission_sid A usefull permission int bool bool int
    23456 b_second_permission_sid An another usefull permission int - - -

In this example, you have just the permissions id/sid, the english description and the available parameters type or - when the value cannot be set.

I know this could take a certain time to build this list, but with this one we can improve our applications by preprocessing the permissions changes before sending the queries.

As you can see in my package node-teamspeak3-client the client respect the serverinstance anti-flood policy, and i want implement the permissions validation to avoid to send useless queries, many clients/bots are not whitelisted. This feature could be really usefull.

I've already found this list, but there's​no way to know if skip/negated are usable on the permission.

I my souvenir some permissions can't be negated / skipped / granted.

And in addition an official list could be checked automatically through Travis-CI to validate the build. Which can be really useful

All permissions can have Skip, Negate & Grant.
    It depends on what the Admin wants on his server if they are useful or useless.
    A list will not help here. We defined with default groups and set permissions what we think is usefully.

You may read the permissiondoc.txt first to understand how the permission system works.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    All permissions can have Skip, Negate & Grant.
    Yes, but AFAMK "Negate" can only be set on ServerGroup Layer and "Skip" only on ServerGroup and Client Layer.
    Correct?
    Thanks.

Exactly.
    Skip only works for group or client permissions and negate only for server group permissions.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    A list will not help here. We defined with default groups and set permissions what we think is usefully.
    The list will be usefull for developpers. You can certainly provide a JSON with supported definitions, permissions, all clients versions and any other static stuff.

I've created my own files, but i haven't official source to compare, so the continuous integration can't know when i missed something or simply tell me when you made changes during the daily build.

The available permissions may be different depending on the server version (as permissions are server side obviously). The query command "permissionlist" can get you what you need, except for the grant and skip obviously since those are available on any permission and no permission at the same time. It simply depends on where the permission is assigned.
    Server groups have both skip and negate, whereas client permissions only have skip and the other permission levels have neither.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information