Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solved Talk in multiple servers at the same time

Hi, I have a question about talking in multiple servers at the same time.
    When I try to talk in multiple servers only 1 server has my microphone activated.

What I did is make 2 hotkey profiles.
    And 2 capture profiles.
    Both capture profiles have the same microphone as input and both have Push to talk (only different keys).
    Capture profile 1 points to Hotkey profile 1 and
    Capture profile 2 points to Hotkey profile 2.

So when I am connected to two servers I set the profiles. On server 1 I choose for profile 1 and on server 2 for profile 2 (both capture an hotkey).

Only when I activate my microphone on server 2 it's deactivated on server 1 and vice versa.

The only strange thing is that 2 friends of mine has done the same thing but they don't have the problem of deactivating the microphone (they are using beta 2(9400) and 9(9592) and I am using beta 9(9592)). I copied all the settings so they are the same but no results there.

Does anyone know how to solve this because I would like to talk in two servers at the same time using different keys and whitout the need to switch to the other server.

There are 2 ways I got it to work and that is:
    1: To use a different Capture device but that is not the way i want it to use because I only have 1 mic.
    2: Open a secondary TS3 client with the other profiles, but this doesn't feel right.

thanx in advance

btw another friend of my has the same problem as I have.

My understanding is that you can only speak in one server at a time, and not two or more simultaneously.

I get around this by creating a hotkey to change to the next server. Then I can quickly switch between servers and talk where I want. (For this to work you must also go to settings, options, applications, and check Automatically activate microphone.)

Well I tried to do that but it is an extra action you must do and you need to know in wich server you are (I know you can use text to speech but then i first need to switch between servers to hear in wich server I am, and that are 1 or 2 extra actions so the other guy is already killed.......).

So I also thought of using the same key to switch to the designated server but that's not posible.

Like this:
    Use "Caps Lock" to talk and use use "Caps Lock" to switch to server 1
    Use "V" to talk and use use "V" to switch to server 2

but the only things you can configure are switch to next/previous server or a specific channel.

Feature Request?:
    Maybe it is an Idea to also add an option that allows you switch to a specific server, and what I miss from TS2 is next/previous channel

Quote Originally Posted by axellexa View Post
    you need to know in wich server you are (I know you can use text to speech but then i first need to switch between servers to hear in wich server I am
    I'd love to know how to make it tell me where I switched to. Could you share that with me?

Right now I have a button to switch me to the next channel and then I can talk....but I have to remember where I am. If I could make it tell me that would be better. So far I only get a notification of which server when I open one, not when I switch to one.

and what I miss from TS2 is next/previous channel
    I so Missed this too. But the new client I downloaded today has this feature back! Yea.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    I'd love to know how to make it tell me where I switched to. Could you share that with me?.
    Sorry my fould, it can't. I posted the reply from my work so I couldn't check. And had in mind the switch channel, sorry for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    I so Missed this too. But the new client I downloaded today has this feature back! Yea
    Great I'll check it out.

I am wondering....
    Could it be the installation.... because you can choose between per user config or global config. It shouldn't matter but it also won't surprise me if it does, because I had such a problem earlier with an other application.
    I can't check it out because I'm at my work so if anyone else could check it out. I would be glad to hear it.

I am wondering....
    Could it be the installation.... because you can choose between per user config or global config. It shouldn't matter but it also won't surprise me if it does, because I had such a problem earlier with an other application.
    I can't check it out because I'm at my work so if anyone else could check it out. I would be glad to hear it.
    Sorry for my late reply but I tried both installation types but neither helpt me. So I got still the problem that I can't speak in 2 servers at the same time.

In the mean while I dug up an old headset and tested if it was a problem with using an USB headset. So I tried using the old headset with a standard audio jack. But the same results there. It doesn't work.

Could a developer or some one else tell me if it even should be possible to do that.
    If yes then: How can I get it to work? or is it a bug?
    If no then: Why can friends of my do it.

And if logging is needed I can provide it from me and my friends.

Well busy trying to get it to work,
    I tried the following:
    I changed the settings of windows. Sound ->Recording -> Select microphone -> click properties. Go to the tab advanced and turn of "Allow application to take exclusive controll".

But that didn't work.

Then I thought maybe it is a Windows thing so I also tried it on linux and it didn't work either.

So I think it is client general.

So the only way I got it to work the way I want is to start two clients. But it still doesn't feel right.

Talking on 2 different server tabs with 1 soundcard is disabled in client.
    This won't be changed and is an wanted behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Ok thanx but how is it then posible that friends of my can do it.
    Or is there an other way around to get it to work except multiple clients

There is a paramter called -nosingleinstance. This disbales instance check.

Open your shortcut to TeamSpeak3 with right mouse button > properties and edit the target line

Example:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\ts3client_win32.exe" -nosingleinstance

What is then the whole reason that you can join multiple servers in 1 client if you can't speak to both except by switching to the server.
    Cause I don't see the benefits of it in that way.

I can understand that it is wanted behaviour when you have voice activation or only 1 push to talk button. But with multiple profiles and different buttons confugured it shouldn't be a problem.
    There can be probably only a problem when pushing both buttons at the same time.
    But than I would say just capture only via the profile from which the first button that is pressed.
    Last edited by axellexa; January 29th, 2010 at 10:03 PM. Reason: set quoute with name and id

I'd like to bump this post as I am interested in knowing the purpose for multiple tabs/servers if you can't speak into them both simultaneously with the same or different hotkeys.

Please enlighten me.

As Dante said, this is not a desired behavior and won't be changed. You've been given an alternative with the -nosingleinstance parameter. Maybe you can write a script/get someone to write a script that will do this specific task.

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    As Dante said, this is not a desired behavior and won't be changed. You've been given an alternative with the -nosingleinstance parameter. Maybe you can write a script/get someone to write a script that will do this specific task.
    When I read what he said, he said a wanted behavior. So now I know this was a typo. It's unfortunate that this will not be supported as it completely defeats the purpose of being connected to multiple servers simultaneously (i.e. tabs). Now there is nothing to justify the hard work you guys put into tabs!

This IS a wanted behavior by the development team. Dante said that this won't be changed.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but the tabs are very useful the way they are. I personally jump on several TeamSpeaks at once. I don't really need to talk on all of them at the same time (this is what activate microphone is for). I like to be able to listen on a couple and talk on another.

If i did need to be able to talk on multiple servers for whatever reason, i just go to the hotkeys and set up some switch tab buttons and accompany it with the "automatically activate microphone". I can easily switch between servers and talk on all tabs without problems. Granted, some people want it easier or a different way, but this is simple for me and it works.

But i would disagree that not being able to talk on all the server tabs at once renders the tabs completely useless.

Thread Information