Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Teamspeak though buil-in laptop speakers, music through external speakers

Hey I'm trying to set this thing up, but so far have been unable to.
    I have a pair of column speakers connected with 3.5mm jack that I want everything from my PC to go to (youtube, spofity, game sound etc), except Teamspeak sound, which should be played using my laptop built-in speakers. Is it possible to set this up?

The default is as soon as I plug the jack in, everything goes through external speakers. I tried changing the outputs in Tools>Options>Playback but it either plays with the rest of the sounds or not at all.

I'm on Win10 and have Realtek HD Audio drivers, the laptop is Lenovo y510p

If headphones are plugged into the headphone jack, most laptops with Windows Vista and up will be unable to access the speakers. This behaviour is driver- or hardware-wise and cannot be changed using software. My laptop for example reports three playback devices: Always use headphones, use speakers if no headphones are connected (and use headphones if present), always use S/PDIF. There is no device that always uses speakers. These options have strange names upon install, so I renamed the second one into "Auto".
    The easiest way to solve this would be buying a USB soundcard. Any soundcard works. If you can wait a few weeks, you can buy those in China (e.g. AliExpress) for under one dollar (includes shipping).

try "virtual audio cable" it should be able to split/share audio streams to all devices/apps.

As I said, on many laptops, there is no device that could output sound to the speakers when headphones are plugged in.

Thread Information