Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Differences in PluginTargetMode

If you send Plugincommands, you can define a targetmode, which is defined as follows:
    Code:
    enum PluginTargetMode {
    	PluginCommandTarget_CURRENT_CHANNEL=0,                  //send plugincmd to all clients in current channel
    	PluginCommandTarget_SERVER,                             //send plugincmd to all clients on server
    	PluginCommandTarget_CLIENT,                             //send plugincmd to all given client ids
    	PluginCommandTarget_CURRENT_CHANNEL_SUBSCRIBED_CLIENTS, //send plugincmd to all subscribed clients in current channel
    	PluginCommandTarget_MAX
    };
    What is "PluginCommandTarget_CURRENT_CHANNEL_SUBSCRIBED_CL IENTS" for or what is the difference to PluginCommandTarget_CURRENT_CHANNEL?
    The comment states "all subscribed clients in current channel", but there can't be clients in my channel I am not subscribed to (like invisible clients). What am I missing?

The explanation is... not ideal.
    It's supposed to mean "all clients that are subscribed to the current channel".

It's as the enum value explains: "All clients subscribed to your channel"
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

So "the magic" happens only on the serverside? On the client side, you don't know, to which clients the command is delivered to?

EDIT: And furthermore, you can send plugincommands to clients which are not in the own client's view?

? 1) Correct
    ? 2) Correct
    ? EDIT) Unsure without looking it up, but would assume so.

OK, thanks for the clarification.

If someone else stumbles on this: PluginCommandTarget_SERVER does not add "server magic", the plugincommand is only delivered to all clients on the server which are in the own client's view.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    If someone else stumbles on this: PluginCommandTarget_SERVER does not add "server magic", the plugincommand is only delivered to all clients on the server which are in the own client's view.
    Cannot confirm that. PluginCommandTarget_SERVER will send to all clients, whether or not you have their current channel subscribed.

Tested with two clients connected to their own channels on public. Sending in one client and both clients receive the message despite only being subscribed to their own channels all by themselves (as subscribing isn't possible on public).

My guess is that you don't have the plugin enabled on the client you tested against. You'll only receive plugin commands when you're running the plugin the command is for.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

OK, you are right.

Nevertheless I'd suggest, you annotate the enum a little bit more. It's very uncommon in the ts3 world that you can interact with clients which are not in view.

P.S:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    My guess is that you don't have the plugin enabled on the client you tested against. You'll only receive plugin commands when you're running the plugin the command is for.
    Nope, seems I didn't notice, that I tested this with my already bypassed code, where I do something like this:
    sendPluginCommand(schid, cmdtosend, PluginCommandTarget_SERVER) = sendPluginCommand(schid, cmdtosend, PluginCommandTarget_CLIENT, getClientList(schid))

Thread Information