Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Hybrid View

Redirecting my server

Hello everyone !

I do not know if I post to the right place but hey .. I hope

I have a teamspeak server that we will call "MyDomain". To connect to my "MyDomain" server I need to enter "MyDomain.ca:8767". So far everything is fine, but I recently installed a panel that blocks access to a port that teamspeak uses (I think because nobody can connect to my server teamspeak ..)

But in short, my question is: is it possible to have my teamspeak address "ts.MyDomain.ca" via another server than my server I use for my things ? Otherwise, my server is on (fictitious address) 444.333.222.444 and I would like to put it on 333.333.444.222 but keeping my domain name on and without that apache takes the place of 444.333.222.444

I do not know if I was clear, but if you have any questions do not hesitate!

Why don't you uninstall that panel? Lol. Whatever people need "panels" for...

Of course you can always use subdomains. That doesn't have anything to do with TeamSpeak at all.
    You can also use SRV to not use subdomains. There's an FAQ for that. Ask your domain host for details.

I already uninstall the panel (webmin..) but I still have problems .. So I think I will format and put my panel of games on my dedicated hosting and put my site, my teamspeak and all the other things on a vps .. We can say That the subject is solved because it is sure that I format my server. (sorry for my English)
    Last edited by Crackisapro; June 7th, 2017 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Correct mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Crackisapro View Post
    I already uninstall the panel (webmin..) but I still have problems .. So I think I will format and put my panel of games on my dedicated hosting and put my site, my teamspeak and all the other things on a vps .. We can say That the subject is solved because it is sure that I format my server. (sorry for my English)
    Webmin by itself does not block anything.
    Hell, it doesn't even DO anything without your explicit command.
    If anything happened, it is because YOU told it to happen.

Actually I don't really understand what you really want.

You may post the output of 'iptables-save'.

I'm having my webserver on 1.1.1.1 and point my users via a SRV Entry to ts.domain.com which is on 2.2.2.2

https://support.teamspeakusa.com/ind...ns-srv-records

Cheers

Thread Information