Current Clients:61 / 290 (-10 reserved)
    Current Channels:504

Why I don't have Query Online?

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by dziudziu View Post
    1. This time I see just 16x16
    screen: http://brave-heart.pl/upload/imgs/0826457913_iconn.png
    It should look like the right side
    Those were never supported in the first place and will no longer work.

Quote Originally Posted by dziudziu View Post
    Why I don't have Query Online?
    We've changed the default style, and that information is no longer included.

Quote Originally Posted by _LoVega_ View Post
    Is this a problem a new patch could fix or is it the theme creator that has to fix it?
    It works fine with any style that has templates for the infoframe included. We'll discuss loading the default templates if none is present in the current theme, but we may decide not to and just leave it to the theme to include the templates.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
    Starting redist_downloader_64
    Failed to run redist_downloader_64: Process operation timed out
    Update cancelled

OS windows10 x64
    Old ts3 3.1.4
    That shouldn't happen and we'll look into it. You can just install them from microsoft. If, for some reason, you're running 32 bit client use x86 download, otherwise use the x64 one.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It works fine with any style that has templates for the infoframe included. We'll discuss loading the default templates if none is present in the current theme, but we may decide not to and just leave it to the theme to include the templates.
    It worked until 3.1.4, it broke when I updated to 3.1.5, so I guess it has the infoframe included, but can't display it for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by _LoVega_ View Post
    It worked until 3.1.4, it broke when I updated to 3.1.5, so I guess it has the infoframe included, but can't display it for some reason.
    Until version 3.1.4 TeamSpeak did fall back to the default templates if none were included in the style. To workaround that problem for now you could copy channelinfo.tpl, clientinfo.tpl, and serverinfo.tpl from %ProgramFiles%\TeamSpeak 3 Client\styles\default (or wherever you installed TeamSpeak) and paste it into %AppData%\TS3Client\styles\[Style].

I myself have a question about icon packs. At same places TeamSpeak still makes use of hardcoded icons, not necessarily fitting even the default packs. Icons I remember from top of my head:

"Customize Toolbar" separator
    "Customize Toolbar" QToolButton icons

AreYouSureDialog/QMessageBox
    QLabel#imgLabel
    QToolButton#saveButton ('Ban Client -> Save Preset')

Would it be possible to include these into the Icon Pack overhaul as well? Now for a little silly request, it would be nice if icon pack creators could define their own fallback/placeholder icon.

1) Broken Master Volume Slider layout with vertical orientation: Fixed. I broke it when adjusting the master volume slider for high-dpi support. Using the toolbar in vertical orientation did not come to my mind. Doh.

2) Failed to run redist_downloader_64: Process operation timed out
    I fixed this ~a month ago for the 3.1.5 updater. Unfortunately when updating from 3.1.4 to 3.1.5, you are using the 3.1.4 updater already present on your disk, so this fix does not apply yet.
    As updater #1 needs to install the new redist for updater #2 (built with new runtime), the redist downloader utility needs to happen at the end of updater #1. So there is no really painless way to fix it.
    Workaround: Before updating TeamSpeak to 3.1.5, install vcredist for MSVC 2015 Update 3 (3.1.4 was using Update 1, 3.1.5 is using Update 3) from http://dl.4players.de/ts/client/redist/2/ or get it directly from Microsoft.
    As a sidenote, the redist_downloader is just a tiny exe which checks your registry if the required VC redist is already installed. If not, it downloads and runs the Microsoft redistributable. If you already have it installed, it aborts and the update continues. Actually the Microsoft installer does the same: It checks if everything is present and if yes, does nothing. But downloading 15 MB on every TeamSpeak Update just for this check does not sound so great...

3) Infoframe missing fallback: Looking at it right now.
    Some background info: With 3.1.4 and earlier the default InfoFrame HTML was hardcoded in the C++ code. If a template was found, the template was used, else the hardcoded HTML. This was a nightmare for translation, as we had to provide a translation for both the hardcoded HTML *and* the templates, which did not work well. So we removed the hardcoded HTML within C++ and offer one standard style, which has the translations included in the template. Translations will then be filled via C++ using the usual translation mechanism. This makes life much easier for translators, style authors and myself.
    If a style does not include the tpl files, then the templates from the default style should be used (apparently this part does not work in beta-1). If a user deleted the tpl files in styles/default, then bad luck. That's the only disadvantage to the old hardcoded HTML templates, but I think it's a non issue. I cannot delete some random files from the official installation and then expect the application to continue working...
    EDIT: Found & fixed. Missing *.tpl files will now fallback to <INSTALL_DIR>/styles/default.
    Btw, same issue exists for tooltip template files. Also fixed, now using same central lookup code for both.

4) Brady - hardcoded icons
    These come from the Qt Style. We are looking at it, but no promise it's ready for 3.1.5.
    Last edited by PeterS; June 12th, 2017 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    4) Brady - hardcoded icons
    These come from the Qt Style. We are looking at it, but no promise it's ready for 3.1.5.
    No worries, I just brought it up on the off-chance that this might be an easy change while you are already busy overhauling the way icons and icon packs are handled. It is pretty much an "It's now or never" non-issue.
    Last edited by Brady_The; June 12th, 2017 at 05:35 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	msgbox_icon.png 
Views:	218 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	15647
    Never say never

Quote Originally Posted by thorwe View Post

Name:	msgbox_icon.png 
Views:	218 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	15647
    Never say never
    Thanks a lot for the option! You can find my findings below.

MSGBOX_QUESTION MSGBOX_INFORMATION, VERTICAL_EXTENSION_BUTTON = Do not seem to work

MSGBOX_WARNING, MSGBOX_CRITICAL = Cannot say anything about it, because I unfortunately have no idea where they are used.

SAVE, ARROW_RIGHT, ARROW_LEFT, ARROW_UP, ARROW_DOWN = Work

----

Things I should have mentioned already way earlier (all a little bit older, one or two might be out-of-date).

- CHANNEL_PRIVATE is using REGISTER icon instead of CHANNEL_PRIVATE
    - FOLDER_CREATE needs 'add_folder.xxx' in gfx folder (otherwise the icon will not be displayed), and ignores any setting in settings.ini

There are also a bunch of unused icons (favorite, contact, for example, maybe more). I am not sure if there are plans for those or not, but I thought it would be worth mentioning.

Thanks again!

That shouldn't happen and we'll look into it. You can just install them from microsoft. If, for some reason, you're running 32 bit client use x86 download, otherwise use the x64 one.
    This didn't work for me - still getting the same error.
    I tried uninstalling as well and it still gives the same error.

Any other ideas?

1. Similar to how server, channel, client tpl's style declarations can be handled I wanted to use the same method for the tooltip tpl's. Unfortunately this does not seem to work. Not really a huge deal, but still it would be nice to have. Any ideas?

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
        @import url('styles/THEME/style.css');
    </style>
    2. Is CHANNEL_ICON supposed to give out the file path? CHANNEL_ICON_SCALED returns the icon itself, which made me assume that CHANNEL_ICON does too, just not scaled. Edit: Thinking about it, it probably is. SCALED just threw me off a little bit.

3. There seem to be a couple of translations missing (Channel Name and ID, for example), or am I overlooking something?

Name:	ts3client_win64_2017-06-19_00-14-08.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	15683
    (Note: Due to laziness I simply copied all variables into a table, this screenshot probably contains a couple of variables that do not have or need a translation.)
    Last edited by Brady_The; June 19th, 2017 at 12:29 AM.

Error while updating version 3.1.5 of TeamSpeak

Hello, i would like to request the TeamSpeak support because im having the following error while updating to 3.1.5.
    Currently im using the version 3.1.3 and when im trying to update to 3.1.5 im having the following error:

DIAGNOSED ERROR -

Aguarde até que o cliente TeamSpeak 3 seja fechado.
    Previous update session for v. 1497432760 found
    Starting update process for updater
    Download / check product ini
    Compiling download and replace list for updater
    No downloads needed
    Patching Qt5Core.dll
    Patching Qt5Gui.dll
    Patching Qt5Network.dll
    Patching Qt5Widgets.dll
    Patching addon_mover_32.exe
    Patching imageformats/qgif.dll
    Patching imageformats/qjpeg.dll
    Patching platforms/qwindows.dll
    Patching redist_downloader_32.exe
    Patching update.exe
    Patching translations/update_de.qm
    Starting install condition
    Starting redist_downloader_32
    Failed to run redist_downloader_32: Process operation timed out
    Atualização cancelada

SCREEN-SHOT OF THE ERROR -

Name:	VXBslW60TEmiN4q4FqHCcw.png 
Views:	397 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	15684

Quote Originally Posted by R3v07v3R View Post
    This didn't work for me - still getting the same error.
    I tried uninstalling as well and it still gives the same error.

Any other ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anderson Silva View Post
    Currently im using the version 3.1.3 and when im trying to update to 3.1.5 im having the following error:

DIAGNOSED ERROR -

Patching translations/update_de.qm
    Starting install condition
    Starting redist_downloader_32
    Failed to run redist_downloader_32: Process operation timed out
    Atualização cancelada
    You both need to install the 3.1.5 beta via installer http://dl.4players.de/ts/client/beta/ or use the mentioned workaround to get version 3.1.5
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    2) Failed to run redist_downloader_64: Process operation timed out
    I fixed this ~a month ago for the 3.1.5 updater. Unfortunately when updating from 3.1.4 to 3.1.5, you are using the 3.1.4 updater already present on your disk, so this fix does not apply yet.
    As updater #1 needs to install the new redist for updater #2 (built with new runtime), the redist downloader utility needs to happen at the end of updater #1. So there is no really painless way to fix it.
    Workaround: Before updating TeamSpeak to 3.1.5, install vcredist for MSVC 2015 Update 3 (3.1.4 was using Update 1, 3.1.5 is using Update 3) from http://dl.4players.de/ts/client/redist/2/ or get it directly from Microsoft.
    As a sidenote, the redist_downloader is just a tiny exe which checks your registry if the required VC redist is already installed. If not, it downloads and runs the Microsoft redistributable. If you already have it installed, it aborts and the update continues. Actually the Microsoft installer does the same: It checks if everything is present and if yes, does nothing. But downloading 15 MB on every TeamSpeak Update just for this check does not sound so great.
    Last edited by Chris; June 19th, 2017 at 01:57 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Brady_The View Post
    Thanks a lot for the option! You can find my findings below.
    You're welcome

MSGBOX_QUESTION MSGBOX_INFORMATION, VERTICAL_EXTENSION_BUTTON = Do not seem to work

MSGBOX_WARNING, MSGBOX_CRITICAL = Cannot say anything about it, because I unfortunately have no idea where they are used.
    They work fine.
    vertical extension is the icon used for the separator in the Customize toolbar dialog.
    the msgbox ones are the icons used in QMessageBoxes of the appropriate type.
    Examples include:
    Tools -> Check for update (is MSGBOX_QUESTION if there is an update available, MSGBOX_INFORMATION otherwise).
    Overwrite a Ban Preset is MSGBOX_WARNING
    Modal quit host message is MSGBOX_CRITICAL.

- CHANNEL_PRIVATE is using REGISTER icon instead of CHANNEL_PRIVATE
    Private channels don't even exist, not sure how you came to that conclusion. Feel free to PM me.

- FOLDER_CREATE needs 'add_folder.xxx' in gfx folder (otherwise the icon will not be displayed), and ignores any setting in settings.ini
    I cannot confirm, FOLDER_CREATE=myIcon.svg and the add_folder.svg removed. It displays the correct image just fine.

There are also a bunch of unused icons (favorite, contact, for example, maybe more). I am not sure if there are plans for those or not, but I thought it would be worth mentioning.
    Yup, we know there currently are a few unused icons.

1. Similar to how server, channel, client tpl's style declarations can be handled I wanted to use the same method for the tooltip tpl's. Unfortunately this does not seem to work. Not really a huge deal, but still it would be nice to have.
    @import really shouldn't be used outside of dedicated CSS files in my opinion. Using it to get CSS into an HTML document is abuse, just use the link tag.

In general, the Infoframe loads the _chat.qss as well, so there probably isn't much of a point to another dedicated file.
    As for the Tooltips, yes they currently require the CSS to be present within the file itself. We will look into it but it likely won't make it into 3.1.5.

2. Is CHANNEL_ICON supposed to give out the file path? CHANNEL_ICON_SCALED returns the icon itself, which made me assume that CHANNEL_ICON does too, just not scaled. Edit: Thinking about it, it probably is. SCALED just threw me off a little bit.
    Historically, channel Icon contained the path, so we kept that for compatibility reasons.

3. There seem to be a couple of translations missing (Channel Name and ID, for example), or am I overlooking something?

Name:	ts3client_win64_2017-06-19_00-14-08.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	15683
    (Note: Due to laziness I simply copied all variables into a table, this screenshot probably contains a couple of variables that do not have or need a translation.)
    Those aren't used in the default style (most of them anyway) and it seems were forgotten about. We'll have a look and discuss it. If it gets done it likely won't make it into 3.1.5 though.

The moderated one is: %%TR_CHANNEL_MODERATED%%
    Voice Encryption is: %%TR_CHANNEL_VOICE_DATA_ENCRYPTED%%
    Last edited by Chris; June 19th, 2017 at 02:47 PM.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

They work fine.
    It is confirmed. I am a degenerate. I stupidly copy pasted the new options into my settings file, without removing the remark #. That's pretty hilarious considering I myself deliberated use them to comment. The arrows worked though, for some reason, which added to the confusion.

Private channels don't even exist, not sure how you came to that conclusion. Feel free to PM me.
    I assumed CHANNEL_PRIVATE was intended for passworded channels, I guess this is another case of unused icons then.

Name:	sublime_text_2017-06-19_20-22-35.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	15688

I cannot confirm, FOLDER_CREATE=myIcon.svg and the add_folder.svg removed. It displays the correct image just fine.
    Of course it works now that I test it again. Haha. I'll show myself out. This is getting embarrassing.

Those aren't used in the default style (most of them anyway) and it seems were forgotten about. We'll have a look and discuss it. If it gets done it likely won't make it into 3.1.5 though.

The moderated one is: %%TR_CHANNEL_MODERATED%%
    Voice Encryption is: %%TR_CHANNEL_VOICE_DATA_ENCRYPTED%%
    Thanks and thanks.

Thread Information