Forum

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    You did scale your interface. Mine is smaller.
    What interface? I try scale client ts and this doesnt work.

Old Icons are blurry now in some locations.
    We know about that and yes in best case you use icons bigger than 16x16.

We are moving forward with HDPI support and this may have some negative effects with old icon packs when icons are really small.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Deireadh View Post
    What interface? I try scale client ts and this doesnt work.
    Who is talking about TS? I'm talking about Windows.

Numma you are discussing something that wasn't and isn't topic.
    Deireadh may have a bigger (scaled) interface, but this isnt the main problem.

The main problem is that we now scale icons in the client and do not force icons to be 16x16 any longer.
    This scaling has positive effects and negative effects for small icons. Being blurry in some locations is a negative effect for small icons when they got scaled up.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Everyone was forced to use the icon 16x16, so now they will be forced to exchange them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deireadh View Post
    Everyone was forced to use the icon 16x16, so now they will be forced to exchange them.
    Enjoy 16x16 icons on 4k

SVG as well better suited for very high-resolution, or better, for any resolution.

So its only logical to lay the groundwork for the future.

Edit: Dafuq, dat attached image escalated quickly...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    Enjoy 16x16 icons on 4k

SVG as well better suited for very high-resolution, or better, for any resolution.

So its only logical to lay the groundwork for the future.

I used PNG as 90% of users

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    I guess yo mean Channel icons on left, user icons like lamp or muted or channel icons like moderated were to small?
    I guess you used 3.1.5 beta 1 already and updated to beta 2?
    Was this fixed when you restarted the client?

What operation system and desktop resolution and scaling do you use?

No, everything is allright now, it was an old screenshot how it used to be on high res monitors, to show the advantages of SVG, because they can adjust to any size.
    Last edited by Dimos; June 29th, 2017 at 05:14 PM.

Beta channel received a downgrade to 3.1.4.2. Technically an "upgrade", as we check for build numbers, not the version string.

I'd recommend to skip the "upgrade" from 3.1.5 beta-2 to 3.1.4.2 in the beta channel. If you do it, nothing bad should happen, though.
    If you already "upgraded", you can manually overwrite with the beta-2 installers from http://dl.4players.de/ts/client/beta/ again and then ignore the Update request to 3.1.4.2

We will release 3.1.5 beta-3 into the beta channel again soon (this week, I hope), to get the beta channel back on track.

The only reason for the 3.1.4.2 release was to fix the timeout issue in the 3.1.4 updater, which has been reported in this thread a couple of times. After careful consideration we decided that if we already see a few of these issues in the beta feedback, we risk having this issue affect many more users when in the stable channel, which we want to avoid.
    Beta users who reported the issue and were told to install the vcredist installer from Microsoft are not affected by the issue anymore.

Interestingly the issue exists since 3.1 release, but I suppose because a lot of endusers already had the required redistributable for MSVC 2015 Update-1 on their system, not many people were affected.
    With 3.1.5 we upgraded to the runtime version for MSVC 2015 Update-3, which apparently is not installed on a lot of systems yet (it wasn't on my private PC yet as well, even with lots of games installed). This of course increases the number of people getting hit by the timeout problem. And IMO a failed update is one of the worst things to happen for a customer. Yes, you can always run the full installer, but it's a hassle and no good user experience.

So 3.1.4.2 will prepare the updater to upgrade smoothly to 3.1.5 when we release 3.1.5 to the stable channel. Current plan is to keep 3.1.4.2 in stable for ~2-3 weeks to give people enough time to update, then release 3.1.5.

I apologize for the chaos in the beta channel, but that's what beta is for. In this case I think it worked out well, pointing out a problem early enough to avoid the majority of users being hit by it. For that, thank you for your continued feedback. :-)

tl;dr: Beta users ignore update notice for 3.1.4.2. Update is fine again when update notice shows 3.1.5 within the next days.

My teamspeak seems to have updated to the latest patch ( 3.1.4.2 ) and switched my teamspeak to Stable automatically,

but I also cannot change back to 3.1.5 anymore and it's stuck on Stable despite my teamspeak being on Beta ( & Reseting it to Stable and back to Beta doesn't seem to fix it )

Edit: just read the above post, but not sure if it's meant to say I'm on stable version though despite it being set as Beta

The latest 3.1.4.2 stable is the new beta. This is why don't get a new beta and see stable on your client.

You can install the 3.1.5 beta via installer again and you should ignore the updates for 3.1.4.2 for some days.
    http://dl.4players.de/ts/client/beta/

[Linux] High CPU usage

Hi,

a clean install of TeamSpeak 3.1.5 beta 3 (29.06.17 14:53:07) causes very high CPU load on my PC.
    Even without being connected to any server, 2 cores are being loaded almost to 100%.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qilkrghoewz.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	15738
    Apart from the CPU load, everything seems to work fine.

I have created a new .ts3client-profile folder and started a new profile from scratch, that doesn't change anything.

This issue does not occur with TeamSpeak 3.1.4.2 (the current stable release).

All testing was done on a current version of Manjaro Linux (Arch-based), amd64-Architecture, using 64bit TeamSpeak.

Best regards,
    Tobias
    Last edited by dante696; June 30th, 2017 at 08:10 PM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by manawyrm View Post
    Hi,

a clean install of TeamSpeak 3.1.5 beta 3 (29.06.17 14:53:07) causes very high CPU load on my PC.
    Even without being connected to any server, 2 cores are being loaded almost to 100%.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qilkrghoewz.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	15738
    Apart from the CPU load, everything seems to work fine.

I have created a new .ts3client-profile folder and started a new profile from scratch, that doesn't change anything.

This issue does not occur with TeamSpeak 3.1.4.2 (the current stable release).

All testing was done on a current version of Manjaro Linux (Arch-based), amd64-Architecture, using 64bit TeamSpeak.

Best regards,
    Tobias
    I can attest to this. I made a few posts about CPU usage and only checked my CPU usage when I switched back to Linux and was using Teamspeak 3.1.5. Teamspeak 3.1.5 uses lots of CPU whereas 3.1.4.2 (after the beta channel updated me to this) uses the regular Windows percentage (practically negligible) of CPU. Once the beta channel updated me back to 3.1.5 (with the same high CPU problem), I reinstalled with a stable version of 3.1.4 Teamspeak and received low CPU again. To summarize (since the chronology of all of the above really doesn't matter):

3.1.4 = Low CPU Usage
    3.1.4.2 = Low CPU Usage
    3.1.5 = High CPU Usage

The CPU usage seems to be a serious problem.
    We can reproduce this and our developer will have a look at this.

Thread Information