Forum

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

[Discussion] Beta Client 3.1.5

Discussion for Beta release client 3.1.5, please see the announcement here.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

So if we're adding svg support and removing hard coded 16x16 limits, where are these limits going to be lifted? Are we going to see bigger icons in places or is this just so that we have higher DPI 16x16 icons in places?

> + Added tooltips over client and channel items in server tree

What's this part for and where is it visible?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    So if we're adding svg support and removing hard coded 16x16 limits, where are these limits going to be lifted?
    Are we going to see bigger icons in places or is this just so that we have higher DPI 16x16 icons in places?
    SVG should be usable anywhere where previously jpeg/png was used.

Visually nothing should really change all that much. You'll be able to upload larger icons to the server and they'll be used, however they'll be scaled to fit their surroundings and thus it should look similar to what it did before. Previous clients drew 16x16 icons in a say 64x64 space, resulting in pixelated icons on high DPI settings. The 3.1.5 client will actually draw them as 64x64 in that scenario. If the source icon is at least 64x64 it will thus look better.
    So no there won't be any 500x100 images in the server tree, even though you will be able to upload such "icons" now.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    > + Added tooltips over client and channel items in server tree What's this part for and where is it visible?
    If you hover with your cursor above a channel or client in the server tree you'll see a tooltip (that is a yellow popup-ish kind of information display).
    Tooltips were used already when hovering above some of the information in the info frame (the right part where channel description and information are displayed). It's the same kind of thing, just on the clients and channels in the left part of the client.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

I am okay with the Tooltips, but i think that the Headline for Channel and Username in the Infoframe should be smaller. Also i miss the Channel Information about Codec Quality, Encryption Status, etc. in the Infoframe. I liked the old one better.

And one more Question?
    * Updater no longer downloads banner from server, banner is now hardcoded in
    executable. Dynamic banners currently not needed.
    What does that mean? I actually have a dynamic Banner loaded with php on my Server to give back an Image File to the Teamspeak Server.

I didn't do anything and this happened. (Updater had to install Microsoft stuff.)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tsupdate.png 
Views:	271 
Size:	231.0 KB 
ID:	15636
    Tried again and it worked (no Microsoft stuff), but was stuck on 99% for a minute (some translation stuff).

Images that are larger than 16x16 have their longer edge scaled to 16 pixels and, in the tree, the other edge keeps the aspect ratio. Images scaled down are aligned to the center-left (smaller images are center-center and not upscaled).
    Group icons in the info pane ignore aspect ratio. So the same group icon can look completely different in tree and in info pane.
    Last edited by Chris; June 9th, 2017 at 11:23 PM.

The update broke some skins. The right panel is blank and the console is only spamming this:

Name:	fghfbfg.png 
Views:	217 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	15637

Any original skin is fine tho.

can I change some informations from the tooltips and this not works for my Style but works on Default-Extended..

I wouldn't expect much from this officialy, but I couldn't find a thread about one of the plugins I use from MyTeamSpeak.
    I have the top panel mounted to the left of the window using Dock Widgets by ScP

Since the update, it's gone from it's regular like 30-40px thickness, to a whopping 100px.
    I expect that this is due to qt being updated, but I have no experience otherwise to be able to suggest any causality to this

If there's any oversight as to why this happened if it could be fixed to ensure consistancy across ts3 versions, that would be great, but, or if the addon will hopefully just be updated if possible. It applies to even default variants of the teampeak themes
    Attached Images Attached Images  

http://prntscr.com/fi49gs
    The program has become transparent
    http://prntscr.com/fi49z0
    the icons become not clear

I don't know why the setting would've changed, but have a look at Options->Design. There's a transparency slider.

I have exactly the same problem as Scratch, the absent icons as well as mute the microphone gets off center when the bar is vertical, horizontal however no worries.

http://prntscr.com/fi4dci

Quote Originally Posted by DoloDE View Post

can I change some informations from the tooltips and this not works for my Style but works on Default-Extended..
    Tooltips work like the known .tpl files. Look how it is done in the default styles and compare it to your setup. It is working as intended here.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch. View Post
    Since the update, it's gone from it's regular like 30-40px thickness, to a whopping 100px.
    I expect that this is due to qt being updated, but I have no experience otherwise to be able to suggest any causality to this

If there's any oversight as to why this happened if it could be fixed to ensure consistancy across ts3 versions, that would be great, but, or if the addon will hopefully just be updated if possible. It applies to even default variants of the teampeak themes
    Test it without the Dock Widget, or reset its settings. Over here everything looks as expected, with default themes, with DarkenTS, with Dock Widget, without Dock Widget.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch. View Post
    I wouldn't expect much from this officialy, but I couldn't find a thread about one of the plugins I use from MyTeamSpeak.
    I have the top panel mounted to the left of the window using Dock Widgets by ScP

Quote Originally Posted by NarKotiix View Post
    I have exactly the same problem as Scratch, the absent icons as well as mute the microphone gets off center when the bar is vertical, horizontal however no worries.

http://prntscr.com/fi4dci

Caused by the Master Volume widget, disable the Master Volume Widget and it goes back to its regular size. We'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by _LoVega_ View Post
    The update broke some skins. The right panel is blank and the console is only spamming this:

Name:	fghfbfg.png 
Views:	217 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	15637

Any original skin is fine tho.
    Is this a problem a new patch could fix or is it the theme creator that has to fix it?

Thank you very much for investigating

Thread Information