Forum

Moving identity from one computer to another

I would like to have the same identity (and channels, and server list, etc.) on both my laptop and my just-rebuilt desktop.

Everything I read on this forum or via Google seems to relate to older versions of TeamSpeak 3, and don't work (the options don't exist, etc.)

Does anyone know how to "copy-and-paste" identity and all such data from one computer to another with TS 3.1.4; QT Version: 5.6.1?

Thanks!

Use myTeamSpeak's Sync feature:
    Create or login into an account under Tools -> Options -> myTeamSpeak.
    Then make sure Synchronization is enabled.
    Check under Tools -> Identities that your target identity is listed under "Synchronized"
    Use your second client and login into your account.

Or:
    Export and Import your identity under Tools -> Identities via right-click.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

For easy and continuous up to date bookmarks etc. regardless of whether you edit them on the laptop or desktop, you can use myTeamSpeak Sync. Simply create an account if you don't have one yet (Tools -> Options -> myTeamSpeak), login once you verified your account. Make sure the myTeamSpeak Synchronization Box is ticket and then simply move the bookmarks, identities, hotkey profiles from local to sync in the respective dialogs. On any device you log in to the same account with you'll automatically receive the identities, bookmarks and other synchronized items.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Use myTeamSpeak's Sync feature:
    Create or login into an account under Tools -> Options -> myTeamSpeak.
    Then make sure Synchronization is enabled.
    Check under Tools -> Identities that your target identity is listed under "Synchronized"
    Use your second client and login into your account.

Or:
    Export and Import your identity under Tools -> Identities via right-click.
    ok, yes, on my laptop everything is synchronized (I only have one identity).

However, on my desktop, when I try to login (and do so successfully) it tells me it can't un-encrypt the data, I need to install the encryption key. Huh? That caught me off guard!

I will uninstall and reinstall on the new computer.
    Last edited by LcdrSwizzle; June 12th, 2017 at 04:37 PM.

Cool Solved!

Okay, when I uninstalled TS from the new computer, and made sure I was re-installing the current version of TS, the install went smoothly.

So smoothly in fact, that I never got a chance to log in. It logged me in automatically and I was up!

Thanks guys!

How to recover TS3 Identities?

Hey there.

So, I recently got a SSD and installed a new fresh copy of Windows 10 onto it.

The old Windows is still there, but when I started TS3 (from my old SSHD) I had to do everything all over again, like, changing settings and stuff.

I'm 100% sure, that I saved my Identity, because I have a TS3 Server for personal use and I wanted to have a backup of my Adminstatus on this server.

So, does anybody know how I can get the Identitys back?

(If any further information is required, please don't hesitate to let me know. )

Thank you!
    Korlimann
    Last edited by dante696; February 13th, 2018 at 09:46 AM. Reason: merged

You can import Identities by right clicking into the list and choosing import (Tools -> Identities).

To restore everything, including settings, you can find the old configuration folder on your old hard drive and copy everything from there into the new location.

Current location can be found by opening the client log (Tools -> Client log) and typing "location" into the filter at the lower left corner then pressing enter. You'll be left with a single line containing the path to the configuration folder. It should be the same on your old hard drive (obviously the drive letter and potentially the user name won't match). You most likely won't have access to the folder on the old hard drive and will have to convince Windows to let you in.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information