Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Permission to only give a group to myself and not to others

Hello Teamspeak community,

I've got a little question to the permission system.
    I'm working on my the perfect permissions on my Teamspeak server, now..

I want that a person with a certain rank can give for example nopoke, nomessage, but only to themselves and not to other people, also remove it only to themselves and not on other people with the same permissions.
    Is there any skip or negative permission to bypass that?

I hope you understand my problem.

With best regards,
    Bernardo

It's impossible when there are groups with equal or lower needed member add/remove power.

Having such server is hard/impossible to handle. It would mean only a handful people can assign/remove groups to themselves and others. These are the admins on a server.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by bernardo31p View Post

I want that a person with a certain rank can give for example nopoke, nomessage, but only to themselves and not to other people, also remove it only to themselves and not on other people with the same permissions.
    Is there any skip or negative permission to bypass that?
    You would need to make an exception.
    The person with a certain rank needs a group or client permissions to add/remove himself from thoso no poke and no chat groups.
    And like Dante said, he can not have the same permissions as others and still be able to do so. He certainlny needs more permissions to act like requested.

Server Groups Adding specific server groups

Hello, Does Anyone know of a way to add to where certain server groups can add specific server groups but not others?
    Last edited by dante696; June 13th, 2017 at 08:02 AM. Reason: merged. post #2 answers this wiith a no

It would be real nice to have a boolean of b_group_member_add_self and b_group_member_remove_self that can be checked against b_group_needed_member_remove_self and b_group_needed_member_remove_self in the group.

Although this would require a bit more logical steps in the coding of the system, it would provide a really nice functionality so that server architects can design a server that allows much more flexibility for clients users without as much need of server admins/moderators needing to assist.

Thread Information