Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

i_channel_permission_modify_power can not be modified as Server Admin

Edit
    Posts 1-5 got moved from http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...r-but-no-Value

So, again one of those above mentioned probs.
    I installed a TS server on my PC to try things out.
    Clean install and when i remove the i_channel_permission_modify_power 75 0 0 75 and try to put the permission back on i get the message that i dont have enough permission modify power (granted stays)
    My i_permission_modify_power is 75 0 0 75, working with standard Server Admin group (6).
    Those problems really make me doubt the permission system of TS3
    Last edited by dante696; June 13th, 2017 at 08:59 AM.

My guess again: You would not like what I guess.
    Please show a permission overview.

I want to help and solve this, but I Don't want to go on guessing what you do.

It's the 3rd time I mention and ask for it.......
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Danke, that's what I was looking for.
    I will evaluate your case and reply when I'm back in my office tomorrow.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

I think you found a bug.
    I can reproduce this on latest and old server.

The permission checks against itself or sth. me unknown. This only makes sense, when permission is needed when you try to modify channel permission.
    Normally Grant of 75 should be checked against your current i_permission_modify_power.

I reported this bug with the release of 3.0.2-pre (Feb 2012). Nice that this is now considered a bug.
    There are some more permissions affected, see last table on this page.

We will evaluate what you wrote in the last table.

Do you remember where you posted this in our forum? I couldn't find anything this morning.

I also didn't find where I posted that.
    I posted something in the 3.0.2 release discussion, though that post isn't clear at all. That post is from 29 Feb 2012, 3.0.2-pre was released on 18 Feb 2012. Forum search doesn't allow to search for b_permission_modify_power_ignore, because it's too long. We'll never find out.

Apart from numma_cway, has this bug never been reported or realised before i did?
    Thats now 5 years ago since it was officially discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftMausKlick View Post
    Apart from numma_cway, has this bug never been reported or realised before i did?
    Not that I'm aware off.
    Mostly there is no reason to remove that permission from the Server Admin. So nobody will notice anything bad here.

@numma here for this bug report the permission i_needed_modify_power_channel_permission_modify_po wer isn't working as expected.
    Your report about b_permission_modify_power_ignore is kind of off-topic, but could be the same problem.
    I can reproduce all 4 things from that list.

This has always been the case, I've been using TS for well over a decade, but not signed into the forums. I remember when I first used TS3 and went about the permissions, I edited the permission doc to remind myself.

here is my post about it, including the i_channel_permission_modify_power bug

We rechecked both reported issues.
    • i_channel_permission_modify_power can not modified after value was removed or lowered
    • b_permission_modify_power_ignore isn't working on (i_channel_modify_power, i_channel_permission_modify_power, i_group_modify_power i_group_auto_update_max_value)

Our result is that this is a desired behavior in server code and not a bug as i thought when i did create the tickets.

These permissions check against their own current value (by design) and do not allow to raise the value above their current value. Lowering the value or removing the permission is OK because the current value would allow this.

The permission b_permission_modify_power_ignore only allows you to raise Grant values and not the current values for the mentioned permissions.

Well, thx for clearing this up.
    Especially the part of the ignore permission is very good to know
    However, its been almost year since i reported this and i try to get back into it again.
    As far as i can understand this design is nor logic neither is it intuitiv, in this case.
    Imo can lead to too many mistakes and requires higher authorities to repair it (TS host), dont really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    The permission b_permission_modify_power_ignore only allows you to raise Grant values and not the current values for the mentioned permissions.
    Thanks for the info.
    Funny enough, if you have b_permission_modify_power_ignore, you can use servergroupautoaddperm, which ignores any restriction there is. Though this command is directly linked to that permission, it would make sense to me to have b_permission_modify_power_ignore ignore everything even for the other commands, as you basically already have the power to do what you want. The current ("desired") restrictions are just annoying and, in case of for inexperienced users, confusing.

Lustigerweise kann man mit b_permission_modify_power_ignore den Befel servergroupautoaddperm benutzen, der sämtliche Einschränkungen ignoriert. Obwohl der Befehl direkt mit diesem Recht zusammenhängt, würde es meiner Meinung nach Sinn ergeben, dass b_permission_modify_power_ignore auch bei anderen Befehlen sämtliche Einschränkungen ignoriert, denn der Nutzer kann das ja prinzipiell schon. Die derzeitige ("gewollte") Einschränkung ist einfach nur nervig bzw. für ungeübte Nutzer irritierend.

Thread Information