Forum

macOS Memory Leak

Hello,
    I have TeamSpeak running on my MacBook Pro Late 2016 since 5th June and I just noticed that there is a huge memory leak in TeamSpeak. Please fix this as soon as possible as it's affecting some CoreServices when TeamSpeak hogs over 30 GB of RAM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot at Jun 15 16-07-49.png 
Views:	93 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	15664
    Last edited by Phinitris; June 15th, 2017 at 11:32 PM.

Do those numbers ever go down for anything? Because it sure looks like that is displaying total amount of stuff ever requested since the application was launched.

It doesn't look very trustworthy if it claims that a single application is using more than twice the memory that is available and also considerable more than Swap + Physical Memory combined...

In any case if people use huge animated avatars or the admin set a huge animated host banner than it's entirely possible for the client to use huge amounts of memory to display those.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Hello,
    I do think that this is correct as the memory is compressed. Teamspeak is using 34 Gigabytes. I have confirmed it via command line tools.
    After restarting Teamspeak and waiting for about 5-6 hours the same issue occurs again. The TeamSpeak server has no avatars or GIFs at all and there are barely any users connected to the server (2-3). On Windows this issue does not occur.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot at Jun 16 00-22-34.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	15666

As soon as Teamspeak reaches about 5-6 Gigabytes the System begins to swap heavily so I do think that it's not the memory TeamSpeak requested since launch.

Please provide full client logs and also disable all addons if you're using any.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information