Forum

Push to talk broke immediately after installing creators update

Team speak was working, I was gaming and chatting. Microsoft said my computer was rebooting and they were installing the creators update. After the update Team speak push to talk no longer works. I went into the new security settings that existing for the microphone (yes Microsoft seems to be securing the mic with this "creators" update) and Team speak was not an application listed as detected bythe new Mic security feature NOR did Microsoft add the ability to manually specify apps within this feature.

Seeing that they failed I uninstalled the creators update and tried again. Push to talk still does not work. I then un installed leaving only my settings and re installed. I don't want to lose my list of Teamspeak servers so I don't want to install without my configuration to test that.

I should add that my push to talk does work within the in game voice server for Planetside but I had to use their in game fix it feature to get it working. I was forced to install Discord to talk to one of my friends and push to talk works there. Push to talk also works within Steam chats.

If I use voice activation that works but it is NOT reliable with my setup, Please help? Does this have anything to do with Microsoft failing to detect this app with the new mic security feature and leaving some trash around when i downgraded?

What i miss in your long description is that you haven't checked your hotkeys from the used hotkey profile or that you at least have retried to set the hotkey again.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Hotkey

I have changed my hot key and logged out with no impact to the problem. Previously I had not tried creating a new hotkey profile and switching. I just tried that and still there is no impact.

Setting a hotkey works? Normally this shouldn't work when keys did not get recognized.

My only explanations for your problem are:
    1. You do have a different Hotkey profile set in your bookmark. This can be checked under Bookmarks -> Manage bookmarks -> Go Advanced.
    2. You do not have PTT set in used Capture profile.

Can you set and use any other hotkey like toggle mute?
    Could it be that you use a Joystick /Gamepad or other device for your hotkey?
    Does it work, when you set the key on your mouse (button 1, 2 or 3) or keyboard (key 1, 2, A, D, S)?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Yes the setting of hotkeys works but so far I have not been able to use a hotkey to do anything. I can set it but pressing it does nothing. So no to all three of your bottom questions.

The hotkey profile I have selected is set to default. I do have the radio button for PTT set in the capture profile

Can you try following?

Create a new hotkey profile and setup a toggle mute hotkey for this profile. Please do this for all input devices.
    Open your bookmark manager (Bookmarks -> Manage bookmarks -> Go Advanced) and set the hotkey profile for a bookmark.
    Connect to the server and try the hotkey.

In case it doesn't work:
    Please tell us your device/devices you have tried.

I created a new hotkey profile and set it on the server. I then set numpad 9 to the mute as well as mouse button 4 for on a logitechG500 mouse to toggle mute. When selecting 9 there was no popup saying i was overwriting and existing binding. When binding Mouse button 4 it popped up and said it was overwriting and existing binding.

Microphone muted works BUT still no luck with push-to-talk.. I am selecting push to talk/Default when I try with new hotkey profile creation

new update, when i test push to talk in the capture settings it works in that when I release the button nothing is recording. when i press the button it starts recording and i can see the volume move with my voice. Still no luck actually talking to other people though!

Thread Information