Forum

Using TS to measure the commnication frequency and duration

Hi all,

I am new to TeamSpeak, thanks in advance for your patience and for sharing your knowledge!
    Can you please assist me in explaining - does TS keeps logs of the communications' (1) Duration and (2) Frequency of occurence.

I need to measure these two elements for a project. The intended devices that I expect to be used for TS are Android Tablets, I need to measure the communication lenght and frequency of up to 6 users.

In case the TS keeps logs (e.g. timing of communication - beginning and end) that would be helpful, also is there a add-on which could be downloaded and which will assist in that?

Many thanks for your answers!
    Last edited by rcontact; June 21st, 2017 at 07:32 AM.

No, there is only logging of when a specific user connected and left the server which can be enabled. That doesn't necessarily mean communication time.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your quick answer. Is there any solutions related to TS to get the communication duration + number of comms from each user? Using certain add-ons perhaps?

Thanks

edit: to include the add-ons option.
    Last edited by rcontact; June 21st, 2017 at 11:37 AM.

In theory yes, you could get the time they talk and with whom they're talking. But that's not something you usually want to do as it's invading user privacy. Apart from the obvious ethical/moral issues, you probably will run into legal issues as well since (in some parts of the world at least) you likely need prior consent or at least have to make people aware of it up front.

In any case it's sort of resource intensive to do and thus not feasible for most situations, especially the duration part of the question.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Hello Chris,

I appreciate your answer and your concern about the User privacy. I will need these measurements as a part of a project, I need to time the comms with the full concent of the people participating this exercise. Of course, the people who participate will be briefed, de-briefed and interviewed. I will PM you with more details.

Thread Information