Forum

Find shared TS3 Identities

Hello!

I am wondering if there's a way to know if someone from my TS gave out his "Identity" - exported it OR if someone is connecting to my TS using another Identity?

The IP still stays the same, the Unique ID although is the one from the "exported Identity" ? <- Right?

Looking for any answers

bring up my post

I already answered your questions as good i could in that private message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darovna View Post
    The IP still stays the same, the Unique ID although is the one from the "exported Identity" ? <- Right?
    Why is this question still there? I answered that already.
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696
    The IP only stays the same, when the user has same the IP.
    That is not related to TeamSpeak.
    Let me extend that answer a bit.
    The IP differs when that user is someone else or is the same and has changed his IP. The IP is not related to the Identity.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Because I am hoping that anyone knows a way how to know for SURE if someone is giving out his Identity or if someone is logging in with another one.

As a server admin we should be able to know it.

But it has nothing to do with user IP.
    As Server Admin it's not really your privilege to know what users do with their identity. Even when it's not fair.
    As Server Admin you want to prevent that user do it.

It's the users privilege to do and know that.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Darovna View Post
    Because I am hoping that anyone knows a way how to know for SURE if someone is giving out his Identity or if someone is logging in with another one.

As a server admin we should be able to know it.
    Simple answer to that. No. Not doable right now.

Just think about it, logical. How do you want to bind a piece of software to a human-being?

I mean we could think about binding an ID to the Windows-Key/Auth-code or whatever windows offers. Or the Hardware numbers/code. But what when the user has a Laptop/2nd device where he shared the ID with via myTeamspeak e.g? It would fail at this point because it looks like someone shared the ID but in fact he moved his ID on his 2nd device.

There is just no way to check if something,that is made for export/import/portability, has been shared/moved.

For you concept/question we would need a central login system, in which every TS3 user needs to login and make an account for in order to use TS3. So something that will never happen. At least I hope so. And even this wouldn't work very well, because accounts can also be shared. So yeah...

Only possible solution I see, would be a new server setting which forces "local ID's" to be used on the server. This will ask to create a new local ID for you that makes an ID in combination with a Hash from the installed TS3-application. But this would require a new ID type and a new server setting etc.

Thread Information