Forum

How to use 3.1 after 3.0

So the question is simple yet the background more complicated.

Let's say I'm updating to 3.1 Teamspeak.
    So what new features does it bring? well, there is this myteamspeak which defeats the purpose set with identities and adds more variables into the mix.
    Nahh, not interested in this one. Besides it's no fun and who wants another login+password?

Ok so now, 3.1 wait where are addons? I can't use clientQuery(locking OS triggers correct actions in client)? No lua plugin?
    I can't change bookmarks(autoconnect) before I start teamspeak3 anymore?
    Where are the developers that made 3.0 ?

Read the changelog.
    Most of what you say is incorrect.

Why are you assuming you need an MyTeamspeak account?

You dont. It's only a backup/cloud/sync service from teamspeak.

Also the identities aren't "obsolete" like you said. They will only get synced via MyTeamspeak(if you decide to have an account) so you can login on another device via MyTeamspeak and use the same identities.

If you dont want this service, you don't need to use it. Please inform yourself beforehand, the next time you are going to complain about something.

Also, the LUA and: https://www.myteamspeak.com/addons/1...9-74d27593b867
    clientQuery: https://www.myteamspeak.com/addons/9...8-d60c3b9b10b3

are now external addons so they can update them without the need of a full client update to fix only a small addon-bug.

Don't know what you mean with the autoconnect thing, but if you press Crtl+B you can active on every Bookmark if you want to connect on TS3 startup or not. http://i.imgur.com/5v1dXzS.png

And for the "Where are Developers from 3.0", they are still the same as far as I know. Atleast the ones that are active on this forum since years.

So you are incorrect in all your points. Have a nice day, sir.

It's like Dimos said.
    You still can have the same fun and do not have to create an account.

Why came this topic up nearly 7 months after release?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Apparently there was communication noise.

"7 months after release"
    Are we talking about version 3.1.4 and 3.1.5? Granted I did not state that in original post.

Ohh did I mention how is 3.1.5 compared to 3.1.4 trashing the whole cpu on Linux?

...myteamspeak....addons
    been there downloaded that manually(sitting in my Downloads folder).
    I've tried to browse for plugins in client itself but any attempts to install results in no action(console ProtobufRPC error). How can one manually install it?
    There's no folder suggestion where to put them?

bookmarks
    What I want is to be able to use my things the way they were used: ie: ability to start teamspeak3 with the right checkbox selected depending on how I wan't to talk with the world(opening 5 tabs or just 2 as an example) WITHOUT me starting ts3 first stopping it connecting to all 5 servers or starting the client and connecting to all servers I want manually each darm time.

Teamspeak3 never plans to implement proxy support for outgoing web requests?
    Last edited by Tomas; June 30th, 2017 at 07:50 AM. Reason: proxy question

I don't really understand what you complain against here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    That's not true. We created threads and posts for every new release + our Facebook profile posts updates and features for any new releases.

"7 months after release"
    Are we talking about version 3.1.4 and 3.1.5?....
    3.0 is what your thread title says. So we are talking about 3.0 compared to 3.1.4.x or 3.1.5.
    Code:
    === Client Release 3.1 15 Dec 2016
    ...myteamspeak....addons
    been there downloaded that manually(sitting in my Downloads folder).
    I've tried to browse for plugins in client itself but any attempts to install results in no action(console ProtobufRPC error). How can one manually install it?
    Are you sure you use client 3.1.4.x or 3.1.5?

There's no folder suggestion where to put them?
    What? I guess you mean where do i install addons?
    You install them into your config folder.

bookmarks
    What I want is to be able to use my things the way they were used: ie: ability to start teamspeak3 with the right checkbox selected depending on how I wan't to talk with the world(opening 5 tabs or just 2 as an example) WITHOUT me starting ts3 first stopping it connecting to all 5 servers or starting the client and connecting to all servers I want manually each darm time.
    Nothing was changed here. The features are the same + new have been added for Sync and Only the GUI looks a bit different.

Ohh did I mention how is 3.1.5 compared to 3.1.4 trashing the whole cpu on Linux?
    Not topic of your thread?
    We can't promise that your CPU usage will lower in both clients.
    Last edited by dante696; July 2nd, 2017 at 12:05 PM. Reason: sorted
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Read the changelog.
    Most of what you say is incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    Why are you assuming you need an MyTeamspeak account?
    So you are incorrect in all your points. Have a nice day, sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Why came this topic up nearly 7 months after release?
    Why is everyone assuming how wrong am I without even knowing all I want to say on the matter I'm raising?
    This is discussion forums right? In case it was ignored I'm starting discussion here.
    Nothing stopped anyone from asking for more details but everyone appears to like blaming game more these days...
    Can we drop that attitude from the thread dante696?

"7 months after release"
    Are we talking about version 3.1.4 and 3.1.5? Granted I did not state that in original post.
    "7 months after release"
    Are we talking about version 3.1.4 and 3.1.5?....
    3.0 is what your thread title says. So we are talking about 3.0 and 3.1.4.x. or 3.1.5
    Code:
    === Client Release 3.1 15 Dec 2016
    Taking things out of context huh?

Let's get back to the technical aspects of the thread.
    Anyone not wishing to do that, just logoff. Thank you.

Now given how angry the replies seem what is the right process with this?
    Should I start new threads and there make sure to describe my concern one at a time in High Definition right in the first post?
    # in that case please lock this thread.
    Or will that get me marked as triple poster etc etc?
    Should we still continue this in this thread as originaly intended?
    Let me remind you, I'm looking for solutions that are little bit not so obvious to find.
    I though this is the only official place to get those, but maybe I was mistaken.

Now you are going off your own topic?
    We can't promise that your CPU usage will lower in both clients.
    There was nothing said about promises. It was just heads up.
    Point taken should have been excluded.

That's not true. We created threads and posts for every new release + Facebook posts updates and features fore new releases.
    Facebook? Free spamming/advertising platform?(in general I'm not talking about Teamspeak and we are going off topic with facebook)
    Threads/changelogs I'm reading before upgrading...

Are you sure you use client 3.1.4.x or 3.1.5?
    Me? Yes, but are you ok? You are overreacting.
    These are just questions to have discussion and find a solution. Searching for this kind of information in ... what is not documented, or anywhere else with the long span of versions that does not have such features for years is not exactly fruitful.
    That is why I've started this thread. Not to mention how is it with changelogs, read between the lines the meaning of what is written.
    Truth be told not many people in gaming only world care about it anyway.

What? I guess you mean where do i install addons?
    You install them into your config folder.
    Nothing was changed here. The features are the same + new have been added for Sync and Only the GUI looks a bit different.
    Oh, I see nothing changed. That is completely explained in changelog why Bookmarks table is gone.
    It completely explains why bookmarks are now binary blobs in different table inside settings.db.
    hmm "config" folder you mean .ts3client or TS3Client?
    Wait I found it(sarcastic)!
    Code:
    === Client Release 3.1.1 10 Feb 2017
    - Increased settings.db version to 7 due to new hotkey backend.
    === Client Release 3.1.2 16 Mar 2017
    - Fixed bookmarks manager drag&drop where autoconnect bookmarks lost their
      bold state.
    - Fixed order of autoconnect bookmarks to behave again like in pre-3.1 clients

The thing is you started a discussion with wrong facts and the community and I corrected these facts.
    The other thing is that we can't understand that you complain against something you could have asked or informed yourself before.

Nothing was meant as sarcasm.

- We are not going off-topic with Facebook when you say there was no communication. There also are still forum threads as said in my post. You can read everything before you update.

- Changelog read between the lines? The only between would be technical or unimportant details most users are not interested.
    We could add every detail, but this is an overkill.

- I'm not overacting, when I ask a technical question. This is part of my job to ask if things aren't clear.
    For me it isn't clear which client you use when thread used 3.0 and 3.1 and no version in your post

- You put nothing has changed out of my context. You said bookmarks have changed but they didn't. You can use them as before and you aren't forced to use the new features.
    The changes in the settings.db is an upgrade to support new features and nothing else.
    How our database looks like is nothing users are interested and there is nothing a user could do that we support.

- And I mean config folder. The config folder can have several locations so I did not write ts3client.

- P.s Linux CPU usage was decreased

And again. You don't have to use the new features, but you must accept that we go on developing the client and that we may go on to add more features or design changes in future.

Thread Information