Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Can someone listen into my channel?

I understand that Teamspeak and its crew of developers are against spying, and I completely agree, but an owner and staff claim they can do just that.

The owners of my server on Teamspeak claim they can listen in on any channel whenever they would like. They claim they have done complex engineering to do so. I am skeptical, but I still am worried that my privacy is being violated, so I have 2 questions.

Is there anyway possible to listen in on other channels while not active in them?
    -(I don't want a tutorial on how to do it, as I am against that, but I want an answer, because the entire server's privacy and security is at risk...)

Is it possible to try and stop this abuse of privacy?

Hard to believe, but in theory it is possible when the ts server is running on users hardware and voice encryption is disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesIsMyName View Post
    Is it possible to try and stop this abuse of privacy?
    Don't always believe what someone says without any proof or do not join other servers and host your own server.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I would choose a different hoster/server provider if I don't trust the current provider. A provider who claims he reverse-engineered the TS3 voice protocol and claims that he is able to spy upon every word on the server is someone I would not trust. Even if the claim is untrue and he only bragged about it and isn't really able to do it. The claim itself made him untrustworthy.

So my recommendation: change the server provider.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Hard to believe, but in theory it is possible when the ts server is running on users hardware and voice encryption is disabled.
    The only thing is, voice encryption IS enabled, so would that make it impossible?

Thread Information