Forum

ToDo List Feature Wishlist

First I want to say Hello today I want to create a list of features needed or wanted I will read your posts and add them into the list

Feature List

• 1. Material Design would be great! (Thats the Design almost every 2017 app is using right now)
    • 2. Be able to send pictures in Text Chat
    • 3. Ability to allow only a specific group to join a Channel (for example yt joins yt twitch joins twitch) (Not Channel Group its too much work to give it each user in each channel)
    • 4. More Functions on Mobile Clients , and better Design especially for Android
    • 5. An Interface for Server Administrators and Hosters, In material and responsive Design (Webinterface/Not like Yatqa)
    • 6. A recommended skin to use on the server , which a user can accept or not.
    • 7. Custom emotes like on Twitch
    • 8. Connect with Social Networks (Good for Streaming) (optional)
    • 9. A popup with Rules you have to accept (You have to scroll through the rules, maybe answer some questions to prove you have read it and then accept )
    • 10. Better permission system
    • 11. [S]Markdown Cheatsheet for the text chat.[/S]< !-- Edit Just noticed there already is BBCode so you can forget that even though its smarter. -->
    • 12. A better offline chat ( No one knows that it exits)
    • 13. 2Factor Auth (for myteamspeak) and optional for Server Administrators
    • 14. Set that only people who have got a myteamspeak account can join your server (Only if you want that so optional)
    • 15. Age restriction for certain channels (optional)
    • 16. Colored Names, Servergroups, Channels

I hope there are some ideas you'd like to see. If you are missing something let me know and I'll try to add them to the list also I'm working on some concept pictures.
    Last edited by FreakyFP; July 16th, 2017 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Updated the list

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFP View Post
    First I want to say Hello today I want to create a list of features needed or wanted I will read your posts and add them into the list

• 1 New Material Design
    • 2 Be able to send pictures in Text Chat
    • 3 Ability to allow only a specific group to join a Channel (for example yt joins yt twitch joins twitch)
    • 4 More Functions on Mobile Clients
    • 5 An Interface for Server Administrators
    • 6 Be able to set a Design for your Server (for example different voice icons or channel icons)
    • 7 Custom emotes like on Twitch
    • 8 Connect with Social Networks
    • 9 A popup with Rules you have to accept ( I know there is a Welcome message but I mean like a Cookie message only once )
    • 10 Better permission system
    • 11 New Design for iOS and android
    • 12 Markdown Cheatsheet for Chat
    • 13 A better offline chat ( No one knows that it exits)
    • 14 2Factor Auth
    • 15 Set that only people who have got a myteamspeak account can join your server
    • 16 Age restriction for certain channels
    • 17 Colored Names, Servergroups, Channels
    Yes to 1-3, especially 3. It would be super handy to allow a channel only to be joined by group XY. So you don't need to deal with the join power or passwords anymore, since that result in A) The highest group can join any channel B) The password can be spreaded.

4 dunno, never used mobile, so can't say much to that.

5 A Teamspeak interface like YaTQA would be very nice, but it's works without and we allready have YaTQA. So more a nice-to-have or low prior thing.

6 Custom designs are always nice, but there is also the abuse problem (imagen a Server full of Nazi flags or shit like that) So maybe as optional setting which a client can'T use but don't need to use (Yes/No question on first join).

7 If people like that... I don't but well

8 definitely nope. A lot of privacy problems

9 Would be definitely a nice help for public servers. So you can't even leave lobby without accepting or so.

10 Well, better can mean a lot. I mean the TS3 permission problem is somewhat overengineered atm. And sometimes unnecessary complicated. So an overhaul with a better understandable system (or even just a rename of the existing one like (Grant = Can give this right, etc)

11 Again, dunno about mobile

12 Don't known what you mean with that, sry

13 Yep, the offline chat system is total garbage atm. No big popup when you have a new message. And of 30 ppl I asked on my TeamSpeak server, only 3 knew such a system existed. So yeah. The current implementation of it is in my eyes a total fail.

14 You mean that 2 Factor Auth for the myTeamspeak account? if so, then yes, more security is always better in my eyes.

15 Nope, forcing someone to make an account is not the Teamspeak mentality. It's meant to start it up and use it.

16 Don't know how you wan't to make that happen. With a simple asking when joining? Or warning? I mean you can't get that birth date of a client/person.

17 It would make sense in most cases to color some groups properly (together with the Server skin it would be nice) buuut again the abuse and "Rainbow" server would give me headaches. But well That shouldn't stop new features from coming I guess

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFP View Post

• 1 New Material Design
    • 2 Be able to send pictures in Text Chat
    • 3 Ability to allow only a specific group to join a Channel (for example yt joins yt twitch joins twitch)
    • 4 More Functions on Mobile Clients
    • 5 An Interface for Server Administrators
    • 6 Be able to set a Design for your Server (for example different voice icons or channel icons)
    • 7 Custom emotes like on Twitch
    • 8 Connect with Social Networks
    • 9 A popup with Rules you have to accept ( I know there is a Welcome message but I mean like a Cookie message only once )
    • 10 Better permission system
    • 11 New Design for iOS and android
    • 12 Markdown Cheatsheet for Chat
    • 13 A better offline chat ( No one knows that it exits)
    • 14 2Factor Auth
    • 15 Set that only people who have got a myteamspeak account can join your server
    • 16 Age restriction for certain channels
    • 17 Colored Names, Servergroups, Channels
    In addition to Dimos:
    1 - what "Material"?
    3 - already possible using channel group(s)
    5 - what interface? you can already edit the server, clients and permissions using the client beside there are tools like psychokillers interface or YATQA
    6 - the Server doesnt need a design, its just a process running on a computer, designs are client-based and you can already use custom icons for groups (except query)
    and channels
    9 - use the modal-hostmessage for this (and maybe link the rules there)
    10 - an easier permission system would be better (for the next TS version), a complex 5 layer system with ca. 250 (!) permissions (+ as much grants) isnt really needed
    12 - ???
    14 - maybe for myteamspeak accounts, but not for the client - as long as you dont give out your identity it should be safe
    15 - unnesessary, not all people have a myteamspeak account (like me), so why enforcing it? And if the myts-server isnt reachable for whatever reason no client could connect to any server...
    16 - how do you want to implement and verify that?
    17 - has been discussed and rejected before

6. Yeah I think the skins should be on the ts website and you can use them, Maybe Addons for servers too for more functions but everyone can use them with accepting the rules.

8. Would be a great Streaming feature

12 Markdown is a formatting language

15 Optional for each Server

16 A warning yes, and if you have a myteamspeak account you can set your birth

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    In addition to Dimos:
    1 - what "Material"?
    3 - already possible using channel group(s)
    5 - what interface? you can already edit the server, clients and permissions using the client beside there are tools like psychokillers interface or YATQA
    6 - the Server doesnt need a design, its just a process running on a computer, designs are client-based and you can already use custom icons for groups (except query)
    and channels
    9 - use the modal-hostmessage for this (and maybe link the rules there)
    10 - an easier permission system would be better (for the next TS version), a complex 5 layer system with ca. 250 (!) permissions (+ as much grants) isnt really needed
    12 - ???
    14 - maybe for myteamspeak accounts, but not for the client - as long as you dont give out your identity it should be safe
    15 - unnesessary, not all people have a myteamspeak account (like me), so why enforcing it? And if the myts-server isnt reachable for whatever reason no client could connect to any server...
    16 - how do you want to implement and verify that?
    17 - has been discussed and rejected before
    1 Incase you are not trolling with your first question: https://material.io/guidelines/ and here some example apps/websites https://beebom.com/best-material-design-apps-website/
    Basically its the design of every new app/program out there now.

5 You can't edit the min-client version for example. You need to login via query to do this. So yeah, I see why ppl want a housemade complete interface. It would make hosting a server more customer friendly, but as I said it's not a top priority in my eyes.

6 He means a recommecnd skin to use on the server. Wich a user can accept or not (should not be forced). Maybe even skins per server as n ew bookmark setting

9 And nobody needs to except them. You can close the message and never read the rules. So a rule list/textbox wich you need to scroll down to the end and click "Yes I accept" or so, would be a neat feature.

Yep thats what I mean, I will update the thread so everyone knows ehat I mean, If you have any feature ideas let me know. Im working on a photoshopped concept

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    1 Incase you are not trolling with your first question: https://material.io/guidelines/ and here some example apps/websites https://beebom.com/best-material-design-apps-website/
    I wouldn't trust a website that thinks that nasty popups asking one to sign up to whatever are state-of-the-art.

2. And then scroll because they are too large? A small preview would be OK, but I smell exploits resulting from that feature.
    3. Channel groups.
    5. YaTQA should be enough.
    6. No. Just no.
    7. Unicode Emojis would be neat. But there is no real Unicode support in TS, so... (There used to be Unicode support in the mobile apps, but it was disabled by a server update, I think 3.0.11.4, because it broke servers and desktop clients.)
    8. No. just no.
    9. Noone reads them anyway. My reaction on anything that pops up when I connect is closing it as fast as possible and if it was sent by a bot, putting it on ignore.
    10. I think that's OK.
    12. Here. They had WYSIWYG once but removed it.
    13. Signed.
    14. I think you deserve to lose your server if you're in a condition that would have been prevented by 2-Factor.
    15. Well, yeah. However, not implementing it is a usability/privacy concern from TeamSpeak that I can totally understand.
    16. That one made my day.
    17. They dropped that because there was no way to determine which server group will set the color.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    I wouldn't trust a website that thinks that nasty popups asking one to sign up to whatever are state-of-the-art.
    Yeah, sorry that I just took the first google link for a fast and easy preview of what material means in style terms. Next time I will code an example site myself.

Noone reads them anyway. My reaction on anything that pops up when I connect is closing it as fast as possible and if it was sent by a bot, putting it on ignore.
    So you get an heart attack every time Teamspeak3 has an update available? And you never update it?

So you get an heart attack every time Teamspeak3 has an update available? And you never update it?
    xD

-----

Updated Thread maybe now people know what i mean

Not sure which "TeamSpeak 3" software you are talking about, but for me, it pops up before I connect.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Not sure which "TeamSpeak 3" software you are talking about, but for me, it pops up before I connect.
    So that popup it okay, but a custom/server side one is totally not okay? Gute alte doppel-moral

Naja back to topic

So that popup it okay, but a custom/server side one is totally not okay?
    Because I wish to receive updates.
    Last edited by Chris; July 17th, 2017 at 07:03 PM.

Since the TS-mods don't seems to like this topic (edited and deleted posts) guess it is time to stop dreaming about new stuff

Since the TS-mods don't seems to like this topic (edited and deleted posts) guess it is time to stop dreaming about new stuff
    If anything it's the off topic stuff that's not 'liked'. Just stay on topic ;-)
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

I've used a material design application for a desktop before
    ...it was actually pretty terrible

if anything that should be implemented along this line, is if themes can be made more powerful

Qt is fine, I suppose not everyone enjoys the layout, which I toyed with using the dock widgets plugin

Thread Information