Forum

[Question] Set custom name instead TS3 ip address

I have my own TS3 server on Linux ,I know how can set teamspeak ip address like this : "ts3.domain.com" but I founded an teamspeak server sometimes ago with this ip address "honeybit.club" I want to know how can set custom name as TS3 ip address ? or how can set only "domain.com" as TS3 ip address ?

is there any tutorial video or something else ? if yes, let me know , thanks.

If it was done well it was archived by DNS SRV record, if it was done the sh***y way it was done by TSDNS.
    All you need to do is create an DNS SRV record in the top structure of your domain. _ts3._udp.<domain>.com IN SRV 1 0 <port> <host>

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    If it was done well it was archived by DNS SRV record, if it was done the sh***y way it was done by TSDNS.
    All you need to do is create an DNS SRV record in the top structure of your domain. _ts3._udp.<domain>.com IN SRV 1 0 <port> <host>
    its about show domain as ip? what about show something like this "honeybit.club" as ip ?

To be able to connect to your own Teamspeak server with a name like "honeybit.club", you need to own the domain "honeybit.club". So the first step is to acquire that domain at a domain name registry. Many web and vps hosters provide this as service well. Then you create the DNS SRV record Barungar mentionend in the user interface of the hoster of the domain.

If this and Barungars answer does not answer your question, you might explain more what you want to achieve. Perhaps a screenshot of the Teamspeak client with the place where you want to replace an IP address with a name.

Thread Information