Forum

Bug when channel_flag_maxclients_unlimited=true

Hey,

I discovered this while playing with the PHP TS Framework.
    When you set channel_flag_maxclients_unlimited to true when creating a channel and leaving everything else default, odd things happen.

I recorded a PoC for this bug. I showed it to Chris already and he said it doesn't look normal so I thought I'd post it here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onzKs-JEpvA

You created one channel as limited, the other one as unlimited. Of course you can join that unlimited channel.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

@DatDraggy , -1 is often used as "unlimited", however the issue I see there is the change of color to indicate a restriction on the channel.

So, specifically setting the channel_flag_maxclients_unlimited to true will cause a "-1" instead of "unlimited". For permissions, this is the same.
    It seems like the algorythm which changes channel color only looks for "clients in channel" > "maxclients in channel". So this could be fixed I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You created one channel as limited, the other one as unlimited. Of course you can join that unlimited channel.
    It's nice that it still working as intended, still looks wrong/weird, because the icon indicates otherwise.

So OP is somewhat right.

I also noticed that the "unlimited" flags are somewhat strange. Same for password flag, but I was not able to reproduce it anymore after I had this once.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    It's nice that it still working as intended, still looks wrong/weird, because the icon indicates otherwise.

So OP is somewhat right.
    Yeeeaa I was kinda tired when I recorded that. Of course -1 means unlimited, but the channel icon color is still not correct and it says -1 instead of unlimited.

The bug we have here is that true/false are not recognized as invalid values on the server. The server should reject that command.
    Supported values are 0 or 1 for that flag and all other boolean properties in the server.

I put this under evaluate and not directly under todo because this is more a use case that isn't described in any of our documents or help texts (afaik).
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information