Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

TS3 and Gateway Commander

All: I am interested in using Gateway Commander to connect to a radio, but I need some coaching.

The last time I did this, I added Commander to my client and found that Commander basically "took the client over". I couldn't do anything with it at all. I disabled that.

I thought I should be able to stand up two separate TeamSpeak clients and add Commander to one of them, and be able to interact with that client from the second client. Each client would get its own soundcard interface.

This doesn't appear to work either, at least not if both clients are on the same physical machine.

End goal: One TS3 client married to Gateway Commander (or to something else that will interface to a radio) with its own soundcard interface. Separate client with separate sound card connected to a headset for user interaction.

What's the best way for me to get to where I need to go?

Thanks to all.

Hi there. Just reading your post... Do you mean you want to connect a particular TS3 talkgroup on your server to a radio/transceiver ?

Gareth

Gareth: That's the idea. Sorry for the long delay in answering, but work and other things have intervened.

I want to stand up a server machine and a couple of clients connected to radios, and use another client (on a remote PC) to connect to them. I will need to marry an instance of Gateway Commander (or something else) to each client on the server so I can control the associated radio.

I also want to have a separate client on the remote machine to connect to another TeamSpeak server at the same time I am connected to my own.

This may be several bridges too far!

Using another instance with gateway commander disabled is possible by starting it with the parameters "-safelaunch -nosingleinstance" once

Thread Information