Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Don't let Admins assign server groups to Server Admins

Hi,

I'm setting up a new teamspeak server, and if gotten into a problem.
    In our server we have a Server Admin (in this case me) and Admins.
    Admins can assign server groups to other members etc..
    But we also have a server group 'Debuffed', which totally revokes any rights to a person.
    Now is the problem that an admin can make a user debuffed, what is intended, but he can also make me (server admin) debuffed, what isn't intended.
    Is there a way that I can set a permission so an admin can still give other people the debuffed group, but just not myself.

kind regards,

Cant this be done with perm_id 171 and 172? (Cant post the full names as usual, cloudflare seems to have something against it).
    They are checked too when assigning/removing groups, so set 172 of SA higher than 171 of admin group.

Code:
    permid=171 i_client_permission_modify_power
    permid=172 i_client_needed_permission_modify_power
    Last edited by dante696; March 11th, 2015 at 02:58 PM. Reason: added the permissions for you

Prevent Groups Being Assigned to Server Admin (by other groups)

Hi,

I have 4 Server groups currently;

Server Admin
    Leader

I have allowed the Leader group the ability to assign the Member Group to users.

However, I would like to prevent the Leader Group from being able to apply the Member group to the Server Admin, which they can currently do?

Any advice on how I can achieve this?

add i_client_needed_permission_modify_power to the server admin group with a value of 75. That will prevent anyone but other server admins from assigning any groups to clients in the server admin group.
    Of course other groups must not have a i_client_permission_modify_power of 75 (but that would be kind of insane to do anyway).
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Set Server Admin's value for permission i_client_needed_permission_modify_power higher than Leader's value in permission i_client_permission_modify_power.

This should do the trick and user in Leader's group get the error when they try to add a group to the Server Admin.
    "insufficient client permissions (failed on i_client_needed_permission_modify_power)"
    Last edited by dante696; August 21st, 2019 at 10:24 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Hi Chris,

That's the ticket! Thank you.

I'm having an issue here... And I must be missing something...

I have serveral levels of user. For example.

Standard User
    Full user
    Admin.

For some reason, it appears that a standard users can now make another standard user an admin... But a moderator can't...

I don't want anyone to make a others an admin... I have done as much as I can on here using the i_client_needed_permission_modify_power and i'm still not winning. I can only assume that something is ticked somewhere... Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Gareth
    Last edited by dante696; January 30th, 2017 at 08:04 AM. Reason: merged

How to block "lower admins" from change other groups of "higher admins"?

Is not like the "lower admin" being able to mass to the group "higher admin" itself, but he is able to add ou remove the other lower power needed groups of the higher admin, i know there is a way to prevent this, but how?

Set a i_client_permission_modify_power with a lower value as higher admin's current i_client_needed_permission_modify_power.

Now the lower admin will not be able to assign any other sever group to higher admin.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

it worked, thanks XD

disallow lower rank admins from assigning and revoking channel groups of higher ranks

Dear teamspeak community,

There is a scenario that I could not find any solutions into it by searching amongst the posts of this section, so that I have decided to make my own thread about it.

For example there are a few groups in my server being called Teamspeak Managers and Teamspeak moderators as for servergroups and Channel Admin as for channel group.

What I want is to disallow Teamspeak moderators from giving channel groups to Teamspeak Managers for example. The same principle for channel admins, I do not want a channel admin to be able to give channel groups to Teamspeak Managers and Teamspeak Moderators.
    Last edited by dante696; August 20th, 2019 at 07:12 PM. Reason: merged

Add a i_client_needed_permission_modify_power to the Manager and Moderator groups.
    If the value of the needed_permission_modify_power is greater than the permission_modify_power (which should be 0 by default for anyone but admins) then they cannot mess with them.

So if you set an i_client_needed_permission_modify_power of 10 on the Moderator and an i_client_needed_permission_modify_power of 15 on the Managers, then nobody will be able to mess with Moderators or Managers anymore.
    If you want Moderators to be able to assign groups to other Moderators (but not Managers) simply add an i_client_permission_modify_power of 10 to the Moderators group. Same principle applies to the Managers group, though they would then also be able to assign groups to Moderators (which presumably are lower ranked than Managers and it thus should be fine).
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

admins can assign channel group to higher rank

hi , i have problem with channel groups
    we have server group ranks like owner , admin , ....

my problem is : admins can assign channel group to higher rank and its not good

how i can fix it to

just higher ranks , give channel group to lower ranks

what permission i most change?
    Last edited by dante696; August 20th, 2019 at 07:11 PM. Reason: merged

Server Group permission setting to PREVENT Server Groups from being assigned to Admin

I am the overall "Server Admin" on my server with a few lower level "Admins." The "Admin" group has less power than the "Server Admin" group.

We have a few goofy Server Groups that we like to assign to each other on top of our real Server Groups that define our power and authority on the server. These goofy groups essentially have no permissions.

While I would like my Admins to be able to assign these server groups to the people that use the server, I would like to prevent the Admins from assigning them onto me. Is there a setting I can change to make this happen?
    Last edited by dante696; August 21st, 2019 at 10:24 AM. Reason: merged

You have got to be kidding me! I searched for this answer and couldn't find it. After I posted my comment, the answer I was looking for was in the suggestions at the bottom... *facepalm* Sorry about that.

ANSWER:

add i_client_needed_permission_modify_power to the server admin group with a value of 75. That will prevent anyone but other server admins from assigning any groups to clients in the server admin group.
    Of course other groups must not have a i_client_permission_modify_power of 75 (but that would be kind of insane to do anyway).
    Taken from this post: https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/...462#post441462

Thread Information