Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default channel constantly saying "user has left your channel"...

A few days ago, the default channel on the server I manage is constantly saying "user has disconnected from your channel".. Non stop. I've no idea why... No one is joining and leaving and it even does it when I'm the only one in the channel...

Even more strangely, it only seems to do it on certain devices. For me, it does it on my iphone. For other users, (only 4 have noticed this issue) they are using 2 android devices and 1 Windows 10 PC... The only way to stop it is to disable the system messages, which is an easy fix but it's handy to be able to listen when someone joins your channel etc.

All devices are using the most recent TS3 application if that helps.

Anyone any suggestions on what might be causing this?

Thanks.

Gareth

Was there a ServerQuery connecting to your server?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

What do you mean by "server query" ? In short, it connects as normal with no issues. And I only hear the constant announcement when i'm in the default channel. Thus making the default channel useless for me. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Gareth

On most servers it is useless to stay in the default channel for conversations. It's the channel where 90 of users join (or leave).
    But this depends on how many user join use or leave the server.

In best case you have an own channel for conversations when the sounds annoy you but you don't want not deactivate them.

With ServerQuery i meant a bot that connects and times out or leaves the channel and connects again etc.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

There is no bot in the welcome channel. We have a private server so we don't get that much traffic, but often sit there just to see who joins etc. Having the announcments on means I can hear if someone enters the room if i'm not looking at the screen. But the constant "user has left your channel" is a little annoying. It also only does it on my iphone... The PC and Android don't keep repeating this message.
    We have also had other users say that they are hearing it on occasion on other devices too.

Thanks.

Gareth

What is the name of that user? Do you have viewing query clients enabled?

I'll add to this after doing some digging around... We now have 5 users experiencing the same issue of hearing a near constant "user has left your channel" even when no one is leaving or entering the channel. This also only seems to occur in the "default" channel and not in any others.

3 users on on PC (2 on windows 10, 1 on windows 7)
    1 on iOs
    1 on Android

I'm not quite sure how to enable "viewing query clients enabled" is or how to check if it's on. Sorry.

Gareth

Viewing query clients can be enabled in the bookmark. You can also add a button to your toolbar. If you enable that, you might see that client.

I have now enabled "viewing query clients". What should I do next? It's only on my iPhone that I get the random voice announcements and it's still happening every few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth1125 View Post
    I have now enabled "viewing query clients". What should I do next? It's only on my iPhone that I get the random voice announcements and it's still happening every few seconds.
    And are there any querries connecting? You should see something like "Query Client connected from IP: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX" or something along those line (don't know the exact words atm)

This should show up in the server log.

If it doesnt show up, well. Then it's back to the planning board.

(Server) Chat log, not server log.

I'm still lost with this... but how exactly do I see the "chat log" ? I'm using the client version... and to add to it, yesterday it's started doing it on my Android device too... :-(

Yours,

Gareth

The bottommost box in the client is called the chat log.

Ah, got ya... I was looking for something to open... And yeah, that is open and shows users entering and leaving etc... There is nothing been added to the information stream to show anyone is entering or leaving tho. The sound pack is just becoming unusable. :-( Shame, it's really useful. And I've since had 3 other users telling me that they are now getting the announcements every few seconds now too.
    Thanks.
    Gareth

There will be query bots on the server. Everything else is not possible. The admin just has to disable his query bots or revoke your iOS client the permissions to see them. Also, admin can enable client logging to find out the user who is causing this using the server log.

Thread Information