Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    As mentioned earlier by me, TeamSpeak must hire a developer who writes a web server that delivers a static web page and wraps the TeamSpeak protocol to WebRTC. That is possible and should be done.
    Very easy things that could be developed in under a day but would help many people is dragging and dropping images to the channel chat which will be uploaded and then removed at some point. Or automatic including of videos. Those are really easy-to-do things.
    If TeamSpeak hat just one able developer who works as much (in the means of time) as dante does, that developer would have kicked Discord in the ass.
    I'm not a C++ developer and my JS knowledge is limited, else I would maybe have applied.
    Last edited by dante696; January 22nd, 2018 at 03:04 PM. Reason: post moved to right thread

I really hope to see an SDK Client to do that. I wont use a standard client with a standard behavior, with an SDK we can customize the interface, integrate our own chat system (like your forum chat) link forums sessions with an UID etc...

Just made a WEB RTC client with the TS3 skin and the same limitations will kill the project, users wont the same thing, they want and need entirely customizable client. This is why, IMO, an SDK client is the best way to satisfy everybody.

Moreover this can allow us to made other tools, like true music/management bot painless, and this could be really awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Toine View Post
    I really hope to see an SDK Client to do that. I wont use a standard client with a standard behavior, with an SDK we can customize the interface, integrate our own chat system (like your forum chat) link forums sessions with an UID etc...

Just made a WEB RTC client with the TS3 skin and the same limitations will kill the project, users wont the same thing, they want and need entirely customizable client. This is why, IMO, an SDK client is the best way to satisfy everybody.

Moreover this can allow us to made other tools, like true music/management bot painless, and this could be really awesome
    You forgot that SDK clients can not join Non-SDK servers.

The current SDK client cannot join "normal" servers because it don't support the permission system. But they can simply implement it, this will allow us to create our own apps and could be the best way to see users come back to teamspeak

And it's certainly this will require the least development time, win/win.
    Last edited by Toine; January 22nd, 2018 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    As mentioned earlier by me, TeamSpeak must hire a developer who writes a web server that delivers a static web page and wraps the TeamSpeak protocol to WebRTC. That is possible and should be done.
    Very easy things that could be developed in under a day but would help many people is dragging and dropping images to the channel chat which will be uploaded and then removed at some point. Or automatic including of videos. Those are really easy-to-do things.
    If TeamSpeak hat just one able developer who works as much (in the means of time) as dante does, that developer would have kicked Discord in the ass.
    I'm not a C++ developer and my JS knowledge is limited, else I would maybe have applied.
    I partialy disagree, the current way who consists to jail all users/developpers with closed app is not logical at all. Currently if teamspeak team just copy Discord to build their own Web RTC client they're going into the wall.

We, developpers, only need an SDK wich allow us to integrate our server feature everywhere we want/need. They can simply add the permission system to the SDK client to do that and you will see a ton on game team integrate with happyness their servers in their website, instead of using a poor ts3 viewer, with completely custom web interface and a lot of cool stuff.

I'm currently waiting for that, if they just provide a self hosted compiled webapp i'll probably leave definitively this software, simply because i can't do what i need for my team and my team mate are increasingly disappointed with the limitations imposed by TeamSpeak 3.

Moreover, add permissions management to the SDK will certainly take less time than create a crappy compiled web app.
    Last edited by dante696; January 22nd, 2018 at 03:04 PM. Reason: post moved to right thread

> JavaScript
    > Closed app

advert removed
    (That was just a link that explains that JS-based improvements have been done with otherwise proprietary Discord client...)
    Last edited by numma_cway; January 23rd, 2018 at 09:47 AM.

Isn't it funny how people know neither C++, nor JS, nor TeamSpeak's source code, but they know for sure how easy it would be to add support for certain features?

No it's not funny, because I
    • know how the v3.0 protocol works even though it's closed source
    • know how protocols and programming work in general
    • did a major in computer science
    • did a lot of work related to TeamSpeak, e.g.
      • YaTQA which has some stuff people request again and again
      • a high-performance security level increaser
      • emoji support
      • a long documentation on TeamSpeak stuff

• work with people who make things about innovating TeamSpeak that are so great, they even got blacklisted (I may not go further here, but if you put the three of us in a room, you have three people who know what they are talking about.)

Because people know how the protocol works, the wrapper server (if released as a seperate application) could be written in pretty much any language, however, a WebRTC client must be written in JavaScript.

You can made closed app with JS code in frontend, I mean closed because you cannot get the source code back, JS is client side this is a fact. But if you minify the code and obfuscate the minified code with a fully custom obfuscator you cannot retrieve and improve the client side code.

You can also rewrite part of WEBRTC protocol to be compliant with the standard but not with other clients.

So they can use the obfuscated frontend with their customized WEBRTC protocol and a compiled backend wich make the convertion between the server and the frontend application.

This is why i ask only an SDK to do it, we don't need a frontend part. The current SDK client can be used with WEB RTC, it's even easier with the Sven's project. So, we just need to see the support of permissions on the current SDK to allow it to connect on regular server.

Another thing, i say this approach certainly take less time than develop a completely new client, this is because the current SDK use the same language and the permission should be a set of classes/interfaces wich can, certainly, be exported to a new SDK client or as plugin for the current SDK without so much problems.

I know you have better knowledge than me about teamspeak's features and protocols, this is not a reason to be negative about any suggestion. I want see TeamSpeak 3 become better and more opened to see the community grow. The attitude of some members is really frustrating, let the team deny the functionalities requests instead of you oppose on principle.

I agree that obfuscation is bad and should be avoided. Still it does not prevent developing addons.
    There appears to be no server part for the node.js client, repository is empty... I didn't know such client exists, then it should be much easier to make a TeamSpeak WebRTC client.

Thread Information