Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Need help preventing recieving PM's when in certain channels

So im looking to make it so that when im inside a certain channel i cannot receive PM's/or have private chats opened in general.

As it stands, the channel hides me from other users (subscribe power), but they are able to send me PMs by clicking on my name in the chat log (from the previous day/or last time i joined the server to talk) and it will show "Open Text Chat" instead of "Send Offline Message".

Ideally id like it to show "Send Offline Message" when in certain channels that i cant be seen in.

You are not offline , so user will not have any option to send such offline message by default. They only can do it manually by opening the offline message dialog.
    The only thing you can do is to go offline with your identity and to use a secret one for that channel to get the state to send an offline message.

Or you set yourself a higher i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power as a client-channel permission to prevent that user send you private messages while you are in the channel. Theywill not be able to send them as long you do not open the chat and hold it opened.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Identity Appear Offline While Connected

Ill summarize another post i made in the permission help thread - found here:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...447#post451447

I wish that for all intents and purposes for there to be a way to 'appear' offline - NOT AN INVISIBLE USER.

What i mean is that for PM's/Pokes/ETC, the interface that appears when clicking on a username in the text field changes from showing this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	16053

To this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	While Offline.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	16054
    Last edited by dante696; October 10th, 2017 at 01:06 PM. Reason: merged

Let me repeat that "You are not offline" so we do not show you as an offline user. This is our desired behavior for your situation.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I understand that its a niche suggestion, and that if its something thats been considered and rejected then i understand.

Though for admins that want to overlook their server without appearing online to users that know how to check if your online (but hidden by subscribe power) by using that interface i posted, there isnt a way of doing that.

The suggestion for using another identity is less than ideal and the higher PrivateMessage power still allows users to open the text conversation, which ultimately shows that a user is online but hidden.

Thread Information