Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

TS Sdk on Dedicated Server Ue4 ?

Hello ,

I'm new , sorry if my question is stupid but I wanted to know if its possible to use the Ts plugin on a dedicated server with Unreal Engine ?

I watch the project example , and used the TS Server , but its in local and wanted to know if I can used on a multi.

It is possible to connect a client to an other server different to the localhost , or modifie him , if possible can you explain me .

Thanks for you patience.

Hi,

not sure if i understand your question, but yes the sdk does work with UE4 dedicated server.
    But i got some weird errors while starting the game out of the editor. I think the editor have a problem to load the dll properly.

As release and debug build (standalone) does it work.

hello ,

If he normally work on Dedicated Server , Can you explain me how did I have to used the sdk ?
    For example :

i put Dedicated Server on PC 1
    And I connect client 1 to the Server with PC 2 , how did I use the sdk, I have to run the Server TS on PC 1 ?

Because the connection is in localhost right ?

Hi,

your "game server" and the ts sdk server are independent, you can decide where you want to connect with your client.
    In the start connection function you can set the ip and port or domain of your running teamspeak server (or localhost if the server run on your current mashine).

But it in neccessary that you have a teamspeak sdk server running.

Hi,

thanks for your patience, just the last question.

I don't understand how can I connect my client to a server running in local host in other pc.
    I have to launch the Teamspeak server in the sdk and connect my client on him , or create a server in my ue4 project ?
    If its just the ts sdk server , how can I do this connection , I have the possibility to change the IP and Port ?

For call in client the function start connection with param different to a localhost connection .

Thanks again for your help.

Hi,

in the SDK is a runnable ts server, you just have to start it. That's it for the server part.
    If you want to know how to do interactions with the server from your UE4 project, then take a look in the example.

If you want to connec to a server on a different machine just use IP and port.

Thread Information