Forum

Want to remove user's permission to change server password

Hi o/

I'm one of three admins on TS3 & y it's weird that 3x :P I've been the only one who has been paying for extra 10x slots for a year. On prev. weekend 1x person who is Also set as Admin left from using it & with negative attitude. Is using Discord & not friends with me & partially with 3rd admin. How can i set permissions in a way that he can't change the Server Password ?

Since i'm the one who's paying for extra 10x slots & i wanna keep using TS3 I don't want to change PW myself for specific reasons. Hoping that could set some small permission detail from his account so that he can't change server PW. To cause childish harm for me that way. I have the latest TS3 Client & using Duke Nukem Soundpack & Guild Wars 2 Skin <3

Kind Regards: Worried & old Teamspeak 3 supporter..

The owner who owns permissions needs to remove the other users permissions in your case.
    Simple and fast.

Or add client permission b_virtualserver_modify_password to him and remove the value and do not add a Grant value.
    But he still will be able to mess with all other things.

Edit, i changed the thread title to something topic related
    Last edited by dante696; October 24th, 2017 at 09:32 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    The owner who owns permissions needs to remove the other users permissions in your case.
    Simple and fast. Or add client permission b_virtualserver_modify_password to him and remove the value and do not add a Grant value. But he still will be able to mess with all other things. Edit, i changed the thread title to something topic related
    Hi o/ Thanks for reply & happened sooner than i thought I mean that not being busy. I figured out by my own "surprised heh" on how to set a specific member into Permissions -> Client Permissions Unique Id Box It seems that the page is empty for him even he's a admin so does it mean that he can't change the pw or i need to figure out how to remove all permissions from him ? I don't know how to check those.

I toggled "Choose Granted Only" on & shows that he only has full rights under Client Tab. To speak, join channels and so on. Hmm so i guess he can't change pw which would be good cause not sure if would go so far to ruin other ppl's lives even he left with a bang cause of misunderstanding. Thanks for changing title to proper one
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/pn9b6...s%20Tab....jpg

Kind Regards: Worried TS3 Supporter.
    Last edited by Appendix; October 24th, 2017 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Edited Image so is more secure.

It seems that the shown user has no permissions to mess things up.

P.s. deactivated client permission only mean he doesn't have client permissions. But this doesn't say that he could have server/channel group or channel or channel-client permissions.
    Only the permissions overview (the thing you showed us) will show all user related permissions.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    It seems that the shown user has no permissions to mess things up.
    P.s. deactivated client permission only mean he doesn't have client permissions. But this doesn't say that he could have server/channel group or channel or channel-client permissions. Only the permissions overview (the thing you showed us) will show all user related permissions.
    Thanks for these advices After i browsed one other admin via "client permissions tab" & me i noticed that all of us have mostly empty except the ones shown on this image: https://www.mediafire.com/file/o5ubh...20offline..jpg Duh silly how long some links come when click "copy link" in Mediafire. It adds the name & then those weird letter / number combos. I toggled on "show granted only".

How can i remove person from Server Admin Group when that person is offline ? I know that when online then right rat click on name & select from list. Kind Regards: Worried Supporter.

EDIT: Ah nvm good that after posted then the link is short..
    Last edited by Appendix; October 26th, 2017 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Added Info about the Link.

Thread Information