Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Overlay for Windows 10

I am trying to see if there is a TeamSpeak3 overview that works on windows. Not talking about a game but literally windows 10 desktop. I tried many many times to see if overwolf would work but was not able to figurure it out. It seems way over complicated for what I want to do. So if its possible for overwolf to work I am unable to figure it out and googling has only directed me to "overwolf sucks" posts which does not help me.

Overwolf works for windows 10 and you only need to start Overwolf and the TeamSpeak 3 client.
    Please contact [email protected] for support if you still don't see the client.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Overwolf works for windows 10 and you only need to start Overwolf and the TeamSpeak 3 client.
    Please contact [email protected] for support if you still don't see the client.
    Overwolf only supports games and only certain games at that. I want the overlay to work across windows itself no matter what window is on top or even if I am looking at just the desktop icons.
    So I assume there is no other overlay that handles more then what Overwolf does?

Overwolf also shows up when you are not in any game (desktop)
    Name:  overwolf on desktop.png
Views: 5607
Size:  145.8 KB

and i don't think "certain games" doesn't fit here.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

How did you get it to do that? For me, it only shows up in the corners of some games but I never see it on nongame windows at all.
    Also is there a way to get it to appear where it doesn't block things. In your screenshot, it looks like a floating window which appears to block things behind it from receiving clicks. I want it to just show the name in the upper left corner when someone talks but you can still click things behind the name normally. Also I want it to show only the talker when they talk and not the 300 or so others who are not talking. I remember mumble and discord did something like that but they also have the issue of only doing it within games as well.

The main problem I have is I cannot tell what server someone talking to me is one because the overlays tend to only work on a game client which I don't normally have open. So if I can get one of the comms program to display the talker on the desktop itself it will help me know what push to talk button I should be replying with.

Maybe I am asking too much here but it is pretty messy when working on desktop and one of my guys call my name needing something but I can't figure out if they are on discord or ts3 or even what their name is.
    Last edited by turrican5; November 2nd, 2017 at 07:32 PM.

There is this overwolf app launcher wheel. Select the app and it starts as a normal application window.

Thread Information