Forum

Request for supporting every server-chat event for Query

Hi,

This is a topic that has come up many times as the functionality does not currently exist, so I'm writing here to formally request it from the developers.

I would love if the TeamSpeak 3 ServerQuery could provide a full telnet event list for every event that is viewable by the client in the server-chat list. This includes, but is not limited to, event triggers of a server kick, ban, group assigned or removed -- returning a list; users involved, time of event, uid, etc, etc.

While I can't speak to the way other places will operate, I will personally develop was.) a reliable log dump upon a user ban, giving me context as to who was in the channel b) On even of a usergroup assigned or removed, my code will view the dictionary and assign/remove the appropriate spacers c) Everytime a user upoads an avatar, save a log of that d) Everytime a user changes name, save a log of before and after.

With a fully functional ServerQuery event list, it will be relatively easy for us to implement further automated functionality based on certain scenarios.

If there's any spare time, I would *really* appreciate if this could be added.

Thanks. Love you.

There are serverquery events for kicking and banning.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    There are server query events for kicking and banning.
    And user groups add, user group removals, nickname changes, IP address change, status setting, etc?

There aren't. Just wanted to point out that not everything you requested doesn't exist.

There aren't. Just wanted to point out that not everything you requested doesn't exist.
    I see. Thank you. I have 2 programs utilizing those events but, like you said, not everything exists. Part of the reason I posted this request was that I saw a few other threads, from many years ago, inquiring about the same. There are many useful events that are not yet implemented but, hopefully if the Teamspeak dev. team has some spare time, they can add those in.

This may not be something the average user is going to support on this forum, but that's mostly because this kind of functionality doesn't pertain to them (and it's not like they're against this, either.) The events I'm requesting are what I think are missing from the ServerQuery system. I can view most of these events in the client server chat but, the same can't be said for the ServerQuery events. If anything, shouldn't the ServerQuery be able to register more events than the client can? It does, afterall, have the capability to do many other administrative stuff.

In other words, what I'm trying to say is that this has been a feature request and problem for others in the past and developers like me are going to use it to help add more automated functionality to the server, based off what events occur. There's more reasons to add the rest of the events to the event query, than there is to discourage.

Again, thank you development team for bringing us an amazing VoiP solution. Discord can suck a dick.

Regards,

J.T.

This feature is requested from the beggining of TS3.

I think the team just don't care about it, this is one of the reasons why people leaving TS3. The lack of support about this feature is really weird, some useless features are implemented but improve our integration/automation capabilities aren't yet on the TODO...

If you made a simple search you'll find many threads for this request.

I hope to see this really big/great improvement before i die of old age.

The tragic part of this request is that competing products already integrate all types of events, so developers can make products that tear.

Quote Originally Posted by Toine View Post
    This feature is requested from the beggining of TS3.

I think the team just don't care about it, this is one of the reasons why people leaving TS3. The lack of support about this feature is really weird, some useless features are implemented but improve our integration/automation capabilities aren't yet on the TODO...

If you made a simple search you'll find many threads for this request.

I hope to see this really big/great improvement before i die of old age.

The tragic part of this request is that competing products already integrate all types of events, so developers can make products that tear.
    I try to be diplomatic but I'd be lying if I said I don't agree with you. I expected more from this forum, I thought making this suggestion again in 2017 would make a difference, but it's been nearly a month and the staff is active in other areas -- clearly this thread is being ignored. Which I don't understand why.

It's not hard to implement these new events. They ALREADY show up in ServerQuery console as well as the client log, so why can't they be tied to new events in the next update?

Because the events are sent to the voice client internally (which is just a query client that can also transmit voice packets), they could drop making a difference between query client and voice client.
    Quote Originally Posted by JT.18 View Post
    They ALREADY show up in ServerQuery console
    What is a server query console?
    as well as the client log
    No, they don't.

What is a server query console?
    I'm referring to the live-view when you run the minimal start script, that displays all activities.

No, they don't.
    Yes they do. For example, here's my client log from server chat when adding/removing a usergroup:

<03:00:26> "User" was added to server group "GROUP" by "Admin".
    <03:00:27> "User" was removed from server group "GROUP" by "Admin".

This is what I'm referring to by "missing serverquery events." Because right now, events such as these aren't registered as events in serverquery for us as developers to work with. Other events are registered, such as a user joining and leaving the server, a channel, sending a message, etc. But why not bans, kicks, permissions, and anything else that the client can see in server chat?

I'm referring to the live-view when you run the minimal start script, that displays all activities.
    That is called an "operating system console". Doesn't have anything to do with ServerQuery. Its output is related to the server log.

Yes they do. For example, here's my client log when adding/removing a usergroup:

<03:00:26> "User" was added to server group "GROUP" by "Admin".
    <03:00:27> "User" was removed from server group "GROUP" by "Admin".
    That's called "chat".

That is called an "operating system console". Doesn't have anything to do with ServerQuery. Its output is related to the server log.

That's called "chat".
    What it's called doesn't matter... What matters is that the server is capable of logging these events individually, and as such, there's no reason for why they can't exist in the ServerQuery. Furthermore, if I said "chat" then that would be vague -- there's three kinds of chat: Server, Channel and Private -- that's why I specified server chat.

Now can you please stop forcing me to explain things to you in crayons, and stay on topic? This is pointless. Thank you.

Well he has a point there but you're still right. But in my opinion the ServerQuery has to be rewritten as whole, some additional events are not enough to make the work as Teamspeak-Bot author reasonable

A lot of us can do a lot more with our servers if you completed the query system. We've been asking about it for literally half a decade. Even with the latest thread created about it, you've ignored it completely with no response.

I don't care for your beta update. Sorry to be rude but it has nothing to do with what I, or other servers owners, actually want. Please put some time into giving us this. It's not that hard, I don't get what the problem is.
    Last edited by dante696; January 23rd, 2018 at 07:06 AM. Reason: moved out of server 3.1 thread. completely off-topic

Thread Information