Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

My TeamSpeak email change

Hi,

I changed my email address of my myTeamSpeak account. I validated the email received on the old email address.
    However, I see that nothing changes.

When I try to redo the change, it tells me that the new email address is already used!
    It seems my myTeamSpeak account has been duplicated with two email addresses.

I then reset the password for the new email address. But:
    - When I log in using the NEW email address, there is the old one shown!!!!
    - If I try to rechanges it to the old email address, it says there is no change. The email are the same.
    - The password for the OLD one seems to be now invalid. Like the hash/salt of the password is email related.

According to the european law, especially the one related to the personal information (will be renamed GDPR in few months), I request my account not to be duplicated and my old email address to be removed. Germany is also under the GDPAA (German Data Protection Amendment Act) that allows me to request and control all my personal data such email addresses. Without action from TeamSpeak, please know that my query will be forwarded to the competent authorities. Let me remind you Germany does not laugh with privacy.

Please contact me privately if you need the emails accounts (different from the one used in the forum).

Regards,
    Last edited by goldensun; November 13th, 2017 at 08:17 PM.

Your account or email isn't duplicated. The e-mail for registration or another e-mail change is blocked as long you didn't finish the e-mail change or 24 hours have passed.

And as a german company we take care of our users privacy.

You have to do more than 2 steps to finish the process.
    Step 1: Request the e-mail change by entering the new one.
    Step 2: Recieve and validate the change on your old e-mail address.
    Step 3: Recieve the e-mail on the new address and click on the link
    Step 4: Enter your account password
    Step 5: Login with your new e-mail address

edit
    Resetting the password isn't a good idea as long there is no need for it.
    You may loose all your synced data in case you did not save the fallback key or did create a new one.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Hi Dante,

Thank you for your prompt answer.

According to Step 3 you specified, I should have received an email to the new email address. However, I did not receive it despite I well receive the password reset for the new email.

Also, could you please tell me what would be the consequence of the fact I reset the password of the "new account" ? How will it work ?
    Does the old email will simply stop working in 24 hours ? And the new one (I can access because I did reset the password) will continue normally ?

You can login with your old e-mail till step 5 was done. But now you have to use the new password. I hope you saved your fallback key. This one may be important after you login with your client!

Your account or old e-mail will not be deleted. Only the new e-mail will be unblocked for registration or e-mail change.

Try to repeat step 2 to receive the mail for step 3 or wait 24 hours to repeat step 1.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    You can login with your old e-mail till step 5 was done. But now you have to use the new password. I hope you saved your fallback key. This one may be important after you login with your client!

Your account or old e-mail will not be deleted. Only the new e-mail will be unblocked for registration or e-mail change.

Try to repeat step 2 to receive the mail for step 3 or wait 24 hours to repeat step 1.
    24 hours later, no email on the new e-mail address. Is there a way to make it work ? Someone that can do the change or fix this one for all ?

Our Mail service only send the mail once.
    Waiting 24 hour is the way to try changing it again.

You may try another mail provider for the new address. Could be that our provider is blocked.

We can't fix this for you =/

Our Mail service only send the mail once.
    Waiting 24 hour is the way to try changing it again.

You may try another mail provider for the new address. Could be that our provider is blocked.

We can't fix this for you =/
    I use Hotmail. Can someone do the change in your team ?
    Or should I open a case at the GDPAA because I cannot change my personal data ?

Re Hotmail:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    If you're using Microsoft Mail (Outlook, Live, Hotmail) and not receiving myTeamSpeak related email, a workaround may be to create a contact in your mail web interface with the [email protected] email address. Once done you can have the email resent and it should arrive. Several users already confirmed this workaround to be working.
    I / we on forum can't change it for you.
    The *only way* is to contact our myTeamSpeak department via ticket (*no promise that anyone can)
    https://support.teamspeak.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

You don't need to open any other case anywhere.
    Changing your email is possible but there is a technical issue "not receiving the e-mail" and in worst case the myTeamSpeak department will change that address.

I can not change my e-mail address on my account.

Hello,

I want to change my e-mail address to the team speak 3 account. But there was no verification link on my email. And my e-mail address on the team speak 3 account has not changed. Is there a problem with the @seznam.cz email domain?
    I can not change to this website: https://teamspeak.com/en/. Please help me.
    Last edited by dante696; July 17th, 2018 at 10:14 AM. Reason: merged

Changing E-Mail Address

Hey guys,
    I started the process changing my e-mail address.

I received a verification e-mail on the "old" mail address. However I can click on it and it claims I need to be logged in to perform this action. Logging in with my old address results on the login page without any error. Logging in with the new address rightfully claims mail + password is wrong as it hasnt been verified yet.

TL;DR

Can't verify e-mail as I can't login anymore.
    Last edited by dante696; July 17th, 2018 at 10:09 AM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by Wavry View Post
    Hello,

I want to change my e-mail address to the team speak 3 account. But there was no verification link on my email. And my e-mail address on the team speak 3 account has not changed. Is there a problem with the @seznam.cz email domain?
    I can not change to this website: https://teamspeak.com/en/. Please help me.
    We are not blocking any host. Mails could be blocked on mail provider.
    It could help to add [email protected] as a mail contact.

That's all i can say.

Quote Originally Posted by X3r0X View Post
    Hey guys,
    I started the process changing my e-mail address.

I received a verification e-mail on the "old" mail address. However I can click on it and it claims I need to be logged in to perform this action. Logging in with my old address results on the login page without any error. Logging in with the new address rightfully claims mail + password is wrong as it hasn't been verified yet.

TL;DR

Can't verify e-mail as I can't login anymore.
    Step 3 is missing but required.

Step 1: Request the e-mail change by entering the new one.
    Step 2: Recieve and validate the change on your old e-mail address.
    Step 3: Recieve the e-mail on the new address and click on the link
    Step 4: Enter your account password
    Step 5: Login with your new e-mail address

We are not blocking any host. Mails could be blocked on mail provider.
    It could help to add [email protected] as a mail contact.

That's all i can say.

Step 3 is missing but required.
    Again. Step 2 happend. I clicked on the link, it claims I need to login. I cant login with my old credentials.

Step 3 does not happen. I'vent received any e-mail.

EDIT: Now I was able to login again and verify. Not very reliable in my case.

Issues changing email associated with TeamSpeak account

All was going fine during the process of changing the email until it came to verifying it. It seems that the verification email never sent and that there is no way to resend it. I tried changing the email address to the new one again, and got the error message "The desired address <new email> is already taken by another account or user".

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thread Information