Forum

Suggestions for country flags [Republika Kosovo]

Dear! I am reporting to you on behalf of KOS-ALB TeamSpeak 3 team and I want to point out to you the discrimination your team is doing towards the citizens of the internationally recognized republic kosovo. I think it is embarrassing to discriminate against Kosovo's citizens in this way and to give them the knowledge of the flags. On behalf of the SOC-ALB TS3 team, I ask that within 30 days this mistake be corrected because our clients have been around for almost 10 years since we are internationally recognized by the flags of the flag.

Name:  CLz1CapWoAA7Glr.png
Views: 597
Size:  19.6 KB

The service we use to indicate the country from users shows that you are from Croatia. So we show the Croatian flag.
    You can test it here: http://www.ip2location.com/free.asp

This is nothing we can fix so far and adding the flag will not change anything as long ip2location recognizes Croatia as your country.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Kosovo is not recognized by the majority of countries and has no ISO 3166 code which is technically required to add a flag.

Small addition: According to RIPE, Kosovo ISPs call their service area "Albania", therefore you will likely be displayed as Albanian. Kosovo also doesn't have a post service recognized by the UPU, so the ISP's address is "Prishtina, Albania". The ethnicity of Kosovo people is actually mostly Albanian, so I guess that's the closest match they could get.

Another user mentioned ISO 3166. Just because a software dev decided to use this standard doesnt mean you cant add it to the software. And I don't see the connection between ISO 3166 and IP-Adresses being binded to a country => ISO 3166 just describe the country codes.

However, Kosovo is already in ISO 3166 and still it shows the serbian/albanian flag (depends on the provider of the user).

Other gaming communities like Steam or Discord have no problem waving the Kosovo flag thats why I stopped using TeamSpeak a long time ago

Thread Information