Forum

Running TS3-Server on Windows AND Linux

Hello community,

I have a question concerning the compatibility of TeamSpeak3-Servers. I have a self hosted server just for me and my friends and on my PC, I have both Linux and Windows in dual-boot. My plan is, to be able to start from Windows and Linux the same server, so when I use Linux, I start the server with Linux, when Im on Windows, I want to be able to start the server from Windows. Has anybody an idea how to realize that? The server was originally on Windows.

Thanks to everyone, trying to help me.

Install the server on each operation system and use mariaDB as your database.
    This allows you to have the same database while you boot in one of 2 operation systems.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Then he needs a dedicated MySQL server.

Actually, he doesn't have to do anything. Just install the server for both OS in the same folder and he's fine.

Installing several server types into one folder is not supported by us.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Yet it works. But sure he should keep in mind to take backups of the database from time to time as he won't get support when it gets messed up :-)

As long as he doesn't run both binaries at the same time (which is very unlikely to happen by accident) he should be fine tho

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Installing several server types into one folder is not supported by us.
    That makes no sense. In other threads, people asked how to migrate from one OS to another. Answer was: "Just install the new binaries." So it is supported that one actually installs the operating system binaries before running the server each and every time. However, there are no binaries of the same name in different operating systems' packages, so installing binaries again will not change any files. So basically, one could do what I said.

No we do not support when user migrate different server types into one folder.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    In other threads, people asked how to migrate from one OS to another. Answer was: "Just install the new binaries."
    You mean that one? Where user get told what they can copy to their machine?
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    2. Install the new ts server on your target machine

3. Copy following files (in case they do exist) to the target machine:
    Code:
    licensekey.dat
    query_ip_blacklist.txt
    query_ip_whitelist.txt
    serverkey.dat
    ts3server.ini
    ts3db_mariaDB.ini
    ts3server.sqlitedb

Thread Information