Forum

Putting notes or warning on users

Hey guys,
    So I am wondering basically the strategies that other people use in managing users and their punishments.
    Basically, we have a group that revokes talk power amongst other things, but with so many clients, it often gets difficult to know exactly why someone has their powers revoked.

I would ideally like a plugin that would allow my staff to set notes on a client, almost like a private description system, but I haven't been able to find that...
    So I am wondering, what strategies have you guys employed now or in the past to figure out why someone may be punished? Its really something that is causing me a headache now, thanks guys!

There are several ways to accomplish this, most common might be a ServerQuery bot (Tho i don't know if any of these 'flag a user' bot is public. But you could also use Teamspeak internal functionality to assign infos to users.

• Complains (Just disable autoban and set the expiry time to almost infinite)
    • Description (Obvious)
    • Token Custominfo (Not quite sure how to use that)

Custominfo is plain bullshit.
    - Can only be assigned passively. Admins cannot edit custominfo, the user must use a token.
    - There is no way to add additional custominfo. A token can only replace it.

Intinite complaints are probably the best solution.

Thanks for this recommendation! I actually decided to implement this system, my hope is to get a plugin of some sort to help make it a little easier to find the complaint someone has.

YaTQA has a good implementation of the complaint system

BTW keep in mind that a serverrestart clears all complaints, so you'll need a bot that saves them and "re-complains" as soon as the server restarted.

Complaints are not cleared by a restart. At least there are database tables for them.
    YaTQA does not help with what he wants.

Thread Information