Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[Suggestion] Allow rename SQ client before select server

Hi!

Currently when we connect to the serverquery we can't rename the client before selecting a virtual server. I know, this is the normal process, but this is annoying when we wont display the serverquery IP to the clients and allow them to interact with a bot with messages.

<01:14:09> "serveradmin from 127.0.0.1:53490" connected to channel "Default Channel"
    <01:14:21> "serveradmin from 127.0.0.1:53490" is now known as "MyBot"
    It would be awesome to allow the current ServerQuery client to update his informations before select a virtual server, or give us the ability to set the client_nickname with the use command.

Code:
    use port=9987 client_nickname=MyBot
    <01:14:09> "MyBot" connected to channel "Default Channel"

Setting a name before you select a server should be possible already afaik (can't test this at this moment).

Just perform the clientupdate command first and the perform the use command and you should have the name set before you connect.

Or did you get an error that way?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I get Invalid Server ID (1024)

I could test and validate it now.
    You are right this only works, when you are on the server + the nickname is lost after you switched the virtual server.

This suggestion for an optional nickname parameter for command use is useful.
    Last edited by dante696; January 5th, 2018 at 12:17 PM. Reason: reformated last sentence
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Or setting a nickname before selecting your first server and not changing the nickname when the server is changed. Would probably be more straight-forward.

For some reason user can connect a standby serverquery user and select the virtual server to do actions on demand and leave it.

If the customer want a custom nickname for his serverquery client we should be able to update the nickname when we select a new server.

Running clientupdate before selecting the server shouldn't be a problem.
    The use command will not likely be changed because it has a very strange syntax already, since it has optional parameter names and switches.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Running clientupdate before selecting the server shouldn't be a problem.
    Is that already possible? If yes, why doesn't yatqa make use of it?

No it is not. As stated in #3.

Upcoming server 3.4.0 will add the feature. The use command will allow you to add parameter client_nickname= to set a nickname before server is selected. It will not replace the clientupdate command and you have to use client_nickname= again when you select another server or else you will have the default name.

A beta version of this server is scheduled for next week.

Does that apply for phonetic name as well? (Not that it makes much sense, just asking.)

The phonetic name is not available. Your TTS engine will still tell you the nickname.

Lightbulb Server start/stop events on selected server

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Upcoming server 3.4.0 will add the feature. The use command will allow you to add parameter client_nickname= to set a nickname before server is selected. It will not replace the clientupdate command and you have to use client_nickname= again when you select another server or else you will have the default name.

A beta version of this server is scheduled for next week.
    That is very useful feature. Review the idea wiht server query events on selected server start and stop.
    it's not hard to implement, listen to the community. Community has so many good ideas

Thread Information