Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

I need help with my Teamspeak Server IP... Can you help me out?

Dear reader,

I created a teamspeak server using the server download on the officially teamspeak website. The server is created and it is al OK but my server IP is: 'localhost' or '192.168.2.38' (The last one is my IPv4 address). I want to have an IP like 'ts.MyIP.nl'. Can someone help me out with this issue?

Dear greats, P. van Herk

Solved

Quote Originally Posted by Petervh1 View Post
    Dear reader,

I created a teamspeak server using the server download on the officially teamspeak website. The server is created and it is al OK but my server IP is: 'localhost' or '192.168.2.38' (The last one is my IPv4 address). I want to have an IP like 'ts.MyIP.nl'. Can someone help me out with this issue?

Dear greats, P. van Herk
    Hey P. van Herk,

To do something like this you would need to own a domain name. Here is a basic guide on how to do this
    Some domains can be very cheap only 0.50 for the year.

If this is not something you want to do you could try a free dynamic IP service such as noip.com (other services available)

Or new to team speak is Nicknames were you can input whatever you want and people can connect that way for example my server is ts.fiddlemy.wang or you can simply type Fiddlers

Hope this helps,
    Bigsby

Thread Information