Forum

Channel doesn't support file transfer

Hey there,

i cannot find anything about that.

i just created a new channel and then i try to open filebrowser. it just shows the message "channel does not support filetransfers".
    it works on already existing channels. No rights have been changed and are correctly set up.
    The only rights that are set on most channels are "needed delete power" and "needed modify power".
    working and non-working channels have exactly the same rights.
    This must have come with one of the latest patches.
    I dont find any right or option to define if a channel has file browser deactivated.
    Did i found a new bug or why doesnt this work for newly created channels anymore?

Greetz Rocknoise

EDIT: Ok, I came to the idea it was linux file-permissions... and i was right. I did forget to chown some folders. now its works again on newly created channels.
    If anyone is experiencing this error, u did forget to set the file and folder permissions on the ts3-serverfolder.
    Last edited by Rocknoise; January 18th, 2014 at 05:39 PM. Reason: solved

Channel doesn't support file transfer

Hello,

I got since yesterday a big problem:

I can't delete channels that i created recently..

If i try to do it, i only get the message "Channel doesn't support file transfer" back.

The linx-file-permissions are all set on 7** and all files does own the user who starts the teamspeak3-startscript.

Any help out there?

Greetings
    Last edited by dante696; January 17th, 2018 at 08:30 AM. Reason: merged

Is this really the error message?
    I can't remember that I ever saw such message.

And where do you get that one and which server version does this happen and what does your server log print (you may need to enable logging for filetranser first)?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Is this really the error message?
    I can't remember that I ever saw such message.

And where do you get that one and which server version does this happen and what does your server log print (you may need to enable logging for filetranser first)?
    Problem solved - i looked into the server log and i saw that teamspeak couldn't create a channel folder because the owner of the files/ directory was the ROOT user, so my TS3SERVER user had no permission to create a folder for the channel. because of that, if i tried to delete the channel, teamspeak couldn't find a folder for this channel so the server gave me an error. (hope I explained it in a good way)

greetings

Can't delete a channel - "channel does not support filetransfers"

Hello,

for a few months now I've had the issue that I'm unable to delete channels on my TeamSpeak server. Whenever I try to, I get the error message "channel does not support filetransfers", even though I'm not using the file transfer system of TeamSpeak at all.

Can you help me as to why this is happening? I have full permissions on my TeamSpeak server.
    Last edited by dante696; January 17th, 2018 at 08:27 AM. Reason: merged

Permissions for folder files are missing for your user.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFade. View Post
    Problem solved - i looked into the server log and i saw that teamspeak couldn't create a channel folder because the owner of the files/ directory was the ROOT user, so my TS3SERVER user had no permission to create a folder for the channel. because of that, if i tried to delete the channel, teamspeak couldn't find a folder for this channel so the server gave me an error. (hope I explained it in a good way)

greetings
    How did you resolve this? As I am struggling on fixing it. :/ I am the Server Admin of my teamspeak, so I have all permissions needed.

It's not about TeamSpeak permissions. It's about missing permissions in your operating system.

Thread Information