Forum

Trying to set up permissions on Teamspeak 3 server in the client

I've just installed a Teamspeak 3 server on my VPS for use by my guild and I'm trying to set up permissions.

I have a members channel with join power needed of 55 and a members user group which has the needed join power and they can join the channel but if I lower their join power they can still join. I then found a permission which is called Join Permanent Channels and if I remove that they can't enter but if I then lower the join power so that they shouldn't be able to join then they can still join the channel.

I'm quite confused with the Teamspeak 3 permission system as it seems to be quite complex.

Another thing I want to do is have a leaders channel with a members sub-channel. Leaders can only join the leaders channel and members can only join the members sub-channel. I want leaders and members to be able to hear each other speak but when a leader speaks it automatically mutes all the members. Is this possible?

Thanks for any help .

For your problem:
    you gave no permission overview so following answer is a guess.

In 90% of the cases a channel group overwrites the set permission.
    You have to enable the SKIP flag for the join power to prevent that this happens.

For question 1:
    You have to do this with a channel group and join power for this channel.

Explained here
    https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/...one-group-only

For question 2:
    You can't mute other clients via permission.
    You can only use priority speaker for the Leader and all non priority speaker get lowered in their voice while he speaks.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thank you very much for your reply. I think I've worked it out now. I was somewhat confused by the permission system but now I have a better idea.

I didn't quite understand the use of channel groups so now that is sorted things seem to be working correctly.

I'll see if I can get things working the way I want and if I have any more problems I'll try and describe them in a better way next time.

Thread Information