Forum

Failed to download remote image...

Hello TeamSpeak3 comunity

These days Ive been developing some ts3 php server scripts, which basically converts the server/client stats into image charts. To make this done, I used google charts api.
    Here is a google charts apis call example: http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?c...roughs%20(15%).

The problem comes when I try to insert this image into a channel description, it says:
    Info Failed to download remote image: Error transferring http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?c...ghs%2520(15%25) - server replied: Bad Request 302
    Is it a bug... or is it my problem?

Did you manage to fix this on your own?

The example image works here for me.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

My problem persists...
    Example
    29/01/2018 17:01:49 Info Failed to download remote image: Error transferring http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?c...ghs%2520(15%25) - server replied: Bad Request 302

Can reproduce the issue.
    We'll look into it, thanks for the report.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

The main issue is that when trying to set a image of Google charts api, it fails downloading remote image. I have discovered that I'm able to see remote image correctly on Android client, but not on windows client. At my dev point of view, I think that it's a problem of URL parameters conversion.

Yes it's pretty obvious what's going wrong, you only have to take a look at the log message.
    Any image url that uses more than a single url parameter (hence containing an ampersand) will fail to load.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

With all respect, I think that what you have said is not correct in terms of programing. Any software should be able to download any images with x parameters. There shouldn't be any problem unless the software is expresely designed to load only the first parameter on the url string. Also I saw very popular scripts, like mbot (which is tested by it's developers), which provides the same Google charts structure without any 'problem'.
    In conclusion, TeamSpeak3 staff solve the bug :-)

Maybe you failed to read my previous reply. All I stated is that it is wrong and that, as it stands currently, no image with more than one url parameter will load in channel descriptions. I have not said this is working as intended. This will be looked into and eventually fixed.

Thread Information