Forum

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X3r0X View Post
    I hope dante can verify this, as you're clearly no developer or involved in development. You can only assume by the information we have and the wording in current changelog.
    In servinfo.tpl there are these variables, at the end we have 2 variables for servernames(highlighted in red)
    This will give you information for the server names that are registered.
    I attached an example for you.
    Code:
    Replacable variables for server:
    SERVER_NAME
    SERVER_VERSION
    SERVER_PLATFORM
    SERVER_CLIENTS_ONLINE
    SERVER_QUERYCLIENTS_ONLINE
    SERVER_CHANNELS_ONLINE
    SERVER_UPTIME
    SERVER_CLIENT_CONNECTIONS
    SERVER_QUERY_CLIENT_CONNECTIONS
    SERVER_ADDRESS
    SERVER_PORT
    SERVER_ICON
    SERVER_LICENSE
    PLUGIN_INFO_DATA
    SERVER_MAXCLIENTS
    SERVER_NO_RESERVED_SLOTS
    SERVER_RESERVED_SLOTS
    SERVER_REFRESH_INACTIVE
    SERVER_REFRESH_ACTIVE

TR_SERVER_NICKNAMES
    SERVER_NICKNAMES
    -->
    Example from the server rocketbeans (SN = Servernicknames):
    Name:  Unbenannt.JPG
Views: 656
Size:  31.9 KB

I hope dante can verify this, as you're clearly no developer or involved in development. You can only assume by the information we have and the wording in current changelog.
    I'm King Query I. and I can tell you that by testing and talking to other people who have a deep technical knowledge.

Its not, as clarified by DoloDE.
    Okay, to be more specific about how to seperate nicknames:
    - Colon in query.
    - Line breaks in client. Obviously, because why else would that box be multi-line?

Server 3.1(linux amd64) crashed could somebody help?:
    2018-01-21 02:32:12.181353|CRITICAL|FileManager | |Assertion "bw_client != bw_server->second.m_client_bandwidths.end()" failed at ../../../../s/deps/teamspeak_server_lib/src/ts_server/filetransfer/serverfilemanager.cpp:711;

Seit dem ich das Update durchgeführt habe sind 30-50 User weniger auf meinen TeamSpeak 3 Server als zuvor.
    Grund: Da ja das Protokoll verändert ist, ist der Client auf Windows/Linux/OS X nur ab 3.1.7 kontaktibel.

Wieso kriegt ein älterer Client keinen response wie damals das dieser veraltet ist...!?
    Last edited by SossenSystems; January 26th, 2018 at 08:13 PM. Reason: respawn to response, my fail xD

Quote Originally Posted by SossenSystems View Post
    Seit dem ich das Update durchgeführt habe sind 30-50 User weniger auf meinen TeamSpeak 3 Server als zuvor.
    Grund: Da ja das Protokoll verändert ist, ist der Client auf Windows/Linux/OS X nur ab 3.1.7 kontaktibel.

Wieso kriegt ein älterer Client keinen respawn wie damals das dieser veraltet ist...!?
    Zwecks einer besseren Verständigung wäre es vorteilhaft sich auf ein gemeinsames Vokabular zu einigen. Bitte erklären Sie die Termini "kontaktibel" und "respawn".

Quote Originally Posted by SossenSystems View Post

Wieso kriegt ein älterer Client keinen respawn wie damals das dieser veraltet ist...!?
    Sicher das 3.1.7 vorraussetzung ist? Laut TS3 staff aussage war mindest version für 3.1 server die 3.1.6 client version.

https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/...210#post452210

Auch hieß es in dem selben Thread das alte clients ne popup mit hinweis und download link bekommen:

https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/...186#post452186

@ Everyone
    We are going to fix this crash.
    Code:
    |Assertion "bw_client != bw_server->second.m_client_bandwidths.end()" failed at ../../../../s/deps/teamspeak_server_lib/src/ts_server/filetransfer/serverfilemanager.cpp:711
    @ Dimos
    Client 3.1.7 is the minimal required client version.
    We changed the protocol since i did reply in November 2017 and older clients are not able to understand the server 3.1 any longer.

I will discuss that topic again with our developers.

@ Everyone
    The server nickname variable in server is only text without any functionality for the server info. It's meant to show your users the available addresses they could use.

@ Xerox
    First and foremost, it records how the TeamSpeak licensees use their TS3 servers. Specifically, it records how many slots they are using. At the end of every month using this information, an average slot usage can be calculated and billed.
    Only bold part counts for NPL, AAL users

@ Numma
    I forwarded your complain about the license.txt to our developers. Not sure if this file will be touched. The delivered Notepad is damn old ... using the Wordpad works better in case you do not any any other text editor.

@ Everyone
    All user feedback/critics/concerns have been forwarded. That's all I as tech support can say at this moment.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    @ Xerox Only bold part counts for NPL, AAL users
    Why AAL? It's even prepaid.

@ Numma
    I forwarded your complain about the license.txt to our developers. Not sure if this file will be touched. The delivered Notepad is damn old ... using the Wordpad works better in case you do not any any other text editor.
    Okay, I was just confused because every other document is in CR LF format, even query docs.

@ Everyone
    All user feedback/critics/concerns have been forwarded. That's all I as tech support can say at this moment.
    Wow, the first response regarding your user´s fears and feedbacks. Not even one statement from TS officials. As per 31.12.2016 the Teamspeak Systems GmbH had a net income of 1.138.203,21 € and this 3.1 Update is everything you throw in the ring to fight against Discord and others after a developement of 1.5 years? Another case of Germany/a German company losing ground and hegemony to the light and fancy bling bling of an American player due to not existing innovations..

So sad

Mr. Frost

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Why AAL? It's even prepaid.
    Nothing has changed here. Every server with a license reports to accounting and accounting knows about the virtual server and slots.
    But nothing is done with the information as long you do not try to start with more slots/virual servers as your license allows.

@Mr Frost.
    The part of 1,5 years of development isn't true. Last server release was in July 2017.
    Only versioning has changed. We replied to that already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    We're sorry for the confusion caused by the version number. We should've mentioned that in the original announcement.
    3.1.0 is a regular update, just like 3.0.13 was. It would've been 3.0.14 in the old versioning scheme. However we wanted to simplify the versioning and drop the 4th digit for general releases.

Update
    Off-topic moved to right thread Future-of-TeamSpeak.
    Last edited by dante696; January 31st, 2018 at 09:01 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

The part of 1,5 years of development isn't true. Last server release was in July 2017.
    The 1,5 years is from me. I looked into the CHANGELOG and collected what was released since the last major server release 3.0.13 on 01.08.2016. There were several bugfixes, and the only feature that was added was the nickname. And even this is not a real server feature but in fact only a name resolving service provided by the Teamspeak company.

The last real client features were also not compelling. MyTeamspeak and the plugin system - they are only tiny parts of a cloud-like integrated environment that is available for example for Discord. There is no real reason for users to use these. The plugin section of your website laid in waste for 3 or 4 years before the new plugin system went life. And it seems Teamspeak don't want developers to put their plugins into the plugin store, otherwise released plugins would't vanish during review phase of new versions and review would not take weeks.
    The identity handling between Client and MyTeamspeak is bulky, the key handling instead of user+password+2 factor auth is unfamiliar. The server permission handling with its user levels is ancient and atrocious (state of the art since at least Windows 2000 starting 1999 is role based access control).

This is not enough to see sustained Teamspeak usage in the future. If your company is too small to develop a wider spread of features, grow it! As far as I see it, Teamspeak was a true cash cow for the last 10 years and still is. You should have invested part of this into growth and research and future product design.

You, dante696, seem to be the almost only employee of Teamspeak who is really working hard and dedicated to support the community every single day! You are online daily, even on weekends, even late in the evening, and answer even the most dumb and clueless questions to get stuff working for us users. I salute to you!

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    As mentioned earlier by me, TeamSpeak must hire a developer who writes a web server that delivers a static web page and wraps the TeamSpeak protocol to WebRTC. That is possible and should be done.
    Very easy things that could be developed in under a day but would help many people is dragging and dropping images to the channel chat which will be uploaded and then removed at some point. Or automatic including of videos. Those are really easy-to-do things.
    If TeamSpeak hat just one able developer who works as much (in the means of time) as dante does, that developer would have kicked Discord in the ass.
    I'm not a C++ developer and my JS knowledge is limited, else I would maybe have applied.
    I can 100% agree with this. Along with this I think TeamSpeak just needs to put their cards on the table and tell us what they're actually working on. Some of us are paying them for a license and it's getting to the point where we don't know if we should expect new features or just security patches because there's been another exploit crashing our servers.

Cmon' TeamSpeak, this was a horrible time to change your patch versioning. You should have changed at the next MAJOR patch, not a minor. Then this confusion wouldn't be here.

It's time you make a blatant statement on what you're working on before you lose more license holders.

What do you expect when you did something we never gave any support? You did break your server at the moment you did it.
    And we never gave any support, when user started to assign themselves Query group!

But anyways we will check that.

Update
    I can reproduce this and will report to our developers. But i don't promise a fix for this.

Update 2
    The same thing happens when you start a fresh 3.1 databse and just restart your instance.
    this not works even if the group only query clients

Quote Originally Posted by fyfywka View Post
    this not works even if the group only query clients
    I'm not sure what you try to tell me.

It's a bug. It can't work as long we did not fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    Cmon' TeamSpeak, this was a horrible time to change your patch versioning. You should have changed at the next MAJOR patch, not a minor. Then this confusion wouldn't be here.
    We dropped that versioning after client 3.1.5 was released in july 2017. And this was after server 3.0.13.8 was released already and no other server was released since last week.

We only can excuse again for this confusion :/

I'm not sure what you try to tell me.

It's a bug. It can't work as long we did not fix it.
    if the group contains only query clients - invalid clientID

Thread Information