Forum

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    Dunno if this is the right place to ask, but what Opus version does the current server feature? Or is the codec client side only?

And will it be possible with the new accounting/license system to buy custom AAL licenses? Like 43 slots e.g.?
    Server has nothing to do with audio.
    Available licenses haven't changed, see https://sales.teamspeakusa.com/licensing.php
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Do you mean the license.txt or the popup?
    What's wrong with that?

Edit
    Do you mean the Windows console/terminal when opening the license.txt?
    Just notepad.exe which fails to open it.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    What do you expect when you did something we never gave any support? You did break your server at the moment you did it.
    And we never gave any support, when user started to assign themselves Query group!

But anyways we will check that.

Update
    I can reproduce this and will report to our developers. But i don't promise a fix for this.

Update 2
    The same thing happens when you start a fresh 3.1 databse and just restart your instance.
    Could you explain the user's issue to me? I don't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Just notepad.exe which fails to open it.

Could you explain the user's issue to me? I don't understand it.
    https://youtu.be/hiQyyPWMwZg

This seems to happen until serveradmin connects to the server. Then it seems fixed until the next restart or something like that. Might be some caching.

First and foremost, I must say I am disappointed. Teamspeak as a company knew the hype for the server 3.1 version and in my eyes, you've failed even the biggest fanatics of your community. I am unable to comprehend how this has taken a year and a half to complete, where most of the work involved seems to be with the legal docs, most of which are never really read by anyone, including myself.

I really don't know how us, the Teamspeak veterans are meant to compete with the likes of discord when even the company itself seems uncaring and almost like it gives permission to lose its place on the market - might be dramatic, but until you start taking this threat seriously, you will never understand your community. We pay for licenses, we pay for machines to host these things on, and you have basically shown us the middle finger. Brilliant.

I also don't understand the stupid policy of we don't support using ASQ - well, quite frankly, in this day and age you might just have to start doing so, if ya really don't want the community to die in a cave without bots and all the automatic stuff, which, ironically, discord push for and you push away from.

I'm not tryna be rude, but there comes a limit sometimes.

Bless ya.

Welcome to the TeamSpeak3 world! Back at it again with another useless update!

Like come on, I don't know if you guys are trying to compete with Discord or not but soon, the TeamSpeak3 community might be dead. All of TeamSpeak3 updates have these license updates, but so far none of the updates worked.

Like @Pantoflarz mentioned, we pay for licenses but so far there hasn't been a good update from TeamSpeak3 that would make TeamSpeak3 server creators compete with Discord. There is really no chance we can compete since Discord is for free, has so many more features, and their updates are much more interesting than the TeamSpeak3's updates.

Might seem like I'm crying, but I'm not. Just pointing out.

Pce.

Oh, great ... plus a useless update with no interesting features, everything looks the same except for the new licensing system.

Working with teamspeak hosting is already 5 years, in 2 years the software had its peak, now it is in total decadence, I have already lost 40% of my clients to the discord, because it is free and better.

Now, I only see the death of this software, which will gradually be forgotten like many others, and we (hosters) will have to look for another job to earn their daily bread, and things are very difficult, by the day I lose more clients. which I win, and all with the same reason: Discord.

In addition, this change will cause server prices to rise in a number of countries, especially in countries where teamspeak is high, and this will again lead to further downgrades to the software, all of which will gradually stop using it.

If only the prices of the slots for resellers were acceptable, maybe then the price of a server would be affordable and not lose so many users, but I see that this company only thinks of money, nothing to add to its customers and users.

Anyway, I'm looking for another job, because this software is just days old.

*do not take it as an offense, it's just the truth and you know it.
    Last edited by latters; January 19th, 2018 at 09:38 PM.

Hello, Dear Staff

I would like report a bug.
    from the server log.
    First issue with server 3.1

Server based on MariaDB 10.2.12

2018-01-19 20:21:21.493733|CRITICAL|FileManager | |Assertion "bw_client != bw_server->second.m_client_bandwidths.end()" failed at ../../../../s/deps/teamspeak_server_lib/src/ts_server/filetransfer/serverfilemanager.cpp:711;
    Server had not even 24h, it's dropped after 12h.
    Can you fix that?

Second issue with client 3.1.8 Beta 2:
    Client with using protocol IPv6 are dropped after some hours without reason and connect itself to the server, the client log does not tell nothing about crash or what the drop cause, the client log only show the reconnect log to the server nothing more.

Third issue:
    Redirection with SRV TCP based on ts3dns.ini have issue to resolve connection for IPv4, clients with protocol IPv6 redirect correctly but clients with IPv4 teamspeak 3 had a warning "the host is does not known" When i try delete record with IPv6 from tsdns.ini the redirection with IPv4 resolve the connection client and redirect correctly to the server instance.

example based with 2 records:
    ts3bahu.com=178.217.186.148:9987 <- work if record IPv6 is deleted from the tsdns.ini
    ts3bahu.com=[2001:67c:2044:3123::2]:9987 <- work only for IPv6 clients but stop IPv4 to resolve connection client to server IP " The TSDNS server '178.217.186.11' does not know 'ts3bahu.com' "

Redirection with SRV UDP work correct at all IPv6 and IPv4
    IPv6 > IPv4

Thank you.
    Last edited by hunterpl; January 20th, 2018 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlumpi View Post
    This is quite an interesting update. The manpower performed in the 1.5 years since the last major release 3.0.13 seems to have been spent with:

85% making legal to produce the new license agreement. This has become quite a document! Still looking for a translation service to translate incomprehensible legal gibberish into english (or german).
    10% implementing a new licence enforcement system into the server
    4% bugfixing
    1% new or changed features within the server

Continuing this way, Teamspeak will perish, and apps like Discord will flourish.

You are uphold by existing communities, but there is no incentive for new and rising communities to choose Teamspeak over Discord.
    I could not agree more. It is these type of "updates" that are to destroy the last of the loyal base. This should NOT be pushed to stable. Create a diffrent branch if you have to.
    Last edited by Zillarat; January 20th, 2018 at 05:43 AM.

Hello,
    I've a question about server nicknames.

+ New property 'virtualserver_nickname' allowing to add the server nickname
    into the server settings. Changes to the new property are only possible by
    users with the new 'virtualserver_nickname' permission.
    - Is this simple a text field to inform the users? Any other functions with this field?
    - How to add multiple nicknames? Comma-separated? Space-separated? The field does not give any information about that.

Everything else works fine.

2018-01-20 10:11:15.200671|INFO |VirtualServerBase|1 |client disconnected 'XeroX'(id:2) reason 'reasonmsg=Server Shutdown!'
    2018-01-20 10:11:17.206018|DEVELOP |VirtualServerBase|1 |After 2 seconds there were still 1Clients connected
    2018-01-20 10:11:17.207438|INFO |VirtualServerBase|1 |stopped
    Little tipo, space is missing and 1 client, 2 clients

EDIT: Maybe I noticed a small bug. When you stay in the teamspeak client, after it disconnects (for ex. server restart) the client connects as soon as possible as the server is available again. However it connects via IPv4. After another reconnect of the client, its connecting via IPv6 as intended. (ClientLog available)

First and foremost, it records how the TeamSpeak licensees use their TS3 servers. Specifically, it records how many slots they are using. At the end of every month using this information, an average slot usage can be calculated and billed.
    Is this relevant for NPL Users? Are you deducting the slots that haven't been used on the next license expire/update?

Thanks for your work!
    Last edited by X3r0X; January 20th, 2018 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by X3r0X View Post
    Hello,
    I've a question about server nicknames.

- Is this simple a text field to inform the users? Any other functions with this field?
    - How to add multiple nicknames? Comma-separated? Space-separated? The field does not give any information about that.

Everything else works fine.
    Before you complain, please take a closer look.

Name:  Screenshot (1).png
Views: 675
Size:  63.9 KB

First of all, I'm not complaining. I'm asking a question.

Thanks for pointing out, however the field should show a error message if the format mismatches, as its accepting commas as well as semicolons. This is the only field on virtual server configuration that shows a description, so how do I suppose to know?

There would be still the question if this field is technical used in any way beside showing the user.

Is shown in the server info (if supported by your theme). It has no functional use, e.g. adding a server to bookmarks does not suggest adding it by one of the nicknames.

Colon it is.

EDIT: Maybe I noticed a small bug. When you stay in the teamspeak client, after it disconnects (for ex. server restart) the client connects as soon as possible as the server is available again. However it connects via IPv4. After another reconnect of the client, its connecting via IPv6 as intended. (ClientLog available)
    That is conincidence and intended. Some users might have an AAAA record set but TeamSpeak is only listening to IPv4. That's why TeamSpeak tries AAAA (if available) and then A, even if AAAA is present. If your server becomes available when the IPv4 is checked, TeamSpeak will connect to IPv4.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterpl View Post
    Third issue:
    I do not know how to configure TSDNS.
    That's not a TeamSpeak issue. Read the documents included.

Eh.. Teamspeak will always have those that don't want their data sold by discord. But many make fair points... While I view teamspeak as a better VOIP, People love flash. We need a update to pull people back. Giving shit updates is killing teamspeak.... You guys need to hurry. It is hard to reason with many on why we should stay on teamspeak, even if discord is a evil company that sells users data
    Last edited by Donaramu; January 20th, 2018 at 02:15 PM.

Is shown in the server info (if supported by your theme). It has no functional use, e.g. adding a server to bookmarks does not suggest adding it by one of the nicknames.
    I hope dante can verify this, as you're clearly no developer or involved in development. You can only assume by the information we have and the wording in current changelog.

Colon it is.
    Its not, as clarified by DoloDE.

That is conincidence and intended. Some users might have an AAAA record set but TeamSpeak is only listening to IPv4. That's why TeamSpeak tries AAAA (if available) and then A, even if AAAA is present. If your server becomes available when the IPv4 is checked, TeamSpeak will connect to IPv4.
    I checked the logs. It happened when the client tries to connect to IPv6 (server still not up) and tries to connect via IPv4 (5 seconds after IPv6 failed). In these 5 seconds the server came up.

Cheers

Thread Information