Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unable to drag and drop in file browser with windows 10

Hi all, just wondering if I am the only one having this issue.
    I am unable to drag and drop into the file browser with windows 10 PC but my windows 7 PC works fine.
    Is it a setting in Windows 10 or what the hell???

Both Teamspeak versions are updated to the latest

Be great if anyone know's the answer

thx in advance

It depends if your user is an admin or no admin on your system OR if client is started in admin mode or not.
    And it depends on your UAC settings on your system.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    It depends if your user is an admin or no admin on your system OR if client is started in admin mode or not.
    And it depends on your UAC settings on your system.
    I am an admin and have my UAC turned off as for this client started in admin mode, where do I find this?

Anyone have an idea?

When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thx for this ... Tryed that tutorial but no luck as its for win 7, but anyway does anyone have this feature working on windows 10...? Drag and drop i mean...
    Last edited by wrxxy; February 7th, 2018 at 10:25 PM.

This feature works on Windows 10.

In your case with UAC turned off (bad idea anyways but your business) you have to run the client without admin mode.
    You could achieve that by turning it off in the shortcut where you start the client.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

In your case with UAC turned off (bad idea anyways but your business) you have to run the client without admin mode.
    You could achieve that by turning it off in the shortcut where you start the client.
    Are you able to explain as I am not sure what you mean/ or meant to do ....?

Thx

You will not like my answer.
    Turn UAC back on. The best way to solve this and other risky issues on your system.

Or start the client outside from c programs folder or remove "run as admin" in your shortcut.
    Please use Google if you don't know how to use Windows admin features properly.

You will not like my answer.
    Turn UAC back on. The best way to solve this and other risky issues on your system.

Or start the client outside from c programs folder or remove "run as admin" in your shortcut.
    Please use Google if you don't know how to use Windows admin features properly.
    I tried what you said but no luck, any other ideas as I know it works as a friend did it on his machine...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Good that your link is for windows 7/vista. And there is a totally different menu in windows 10 (what OP is using)

Soo.. you guys want to explain this "not working" feature to be a windows 10 fault?

Seriously?

I NEVER messed around with the UAC settings and are running TS3 without admin rights but can't use the drag 'n drop in the filebroswer.

But somehow every other application on my PC can use this feature just fine.

-Telegram Client
    -WhatsApp client
    -Discord Client
    -WinSCP
    -Thunderbird
    -Firefox
    -Chrome
    -Vivaldi
    etc..

But for TS3 its the system settings fault even tho I'm running windows 10 "out of the box"-settings.
    I don't want to tweak my UAC settings or give the TS3 client admin rights.
    I mean the other programs manage the same feature just fine without this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    Good that your link is for windows 7/vista. And there is a totally different menu in windows 10 (what OP is using)
    it's basically the same deal with Windows 10. You may find pictures of windows 10 by using Google yourself if you so desire. The link is just "how to display an additional column in task manager".

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    I mean the other programs manage the same feature just fine without this.
    Windows prevents drag & drop from non elevated processes into elevated processes for security reasons. For the same reasons Windows also prevents access to input sent to elevated processes. If the TeamSpeak 3 client is installed in what Windows deems are secure locations (such as %ProgramFiles% and %ProgramFiles(x86)%) it will run with additional privileges to make hotkeys work in games that run elevated (as unfortunately many do).

It's a choice between hotkeys not working in many games and drag and drop working, or hotkeys working but no drag and drop. If you prefer drag and drop over hotkeys in certain games you can install the client outside of %ProgramFiles% and drag and drop will work.
    Last edited by Chris; March 12th, 2018 at 05:33 PM.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

it's basically the same deal with Windows 10. You may find pictures of windows 10 by using Google yourself if you so desire. The link is just "how to display an additional column in task manager".

Windows prevents drag & drop from non elevated processes into elevated processes for security reasons. If the TeamSpeak 3 client is installed in what Windows deems are secure locations (such as %ProgramFiles% and %ProgramFiles(x86)%) it will run with additional privileges to make hotkeys work in games that run elevated (as unfortunately many do).

It's a choice between hotkeys not working in many games and drag and drop working, or hotkeys working but no drag and drop. If you prefer drag and drop over hotkeys in certain games you can install the client outside of %ProgramFiles% and drag and drop will work.
    Thanks for this detailed explanation.

Windows prevents drag & drop from non elevated processes into elevated processes for security reasons. For the same reasons Windows also prevents access to input sent to elevated processes. If the TeamSpeak 3 client is installed in what Windows deems are secure locations (such as %ProgramFiles% and %ProgramFiles(x86)%) it will run with additional privileges to make hotkeys work in games that run elevated (as unfortunately many do).

Sorry to revive this thread but I am having the same issue, but, I do not have UAC disabled and I have tried reinstalling outside of %ProgramFiles% and still have the issue on Windows 10.

Is there an option somewhere to change this setting or is there a way to make drag and drop actually work?

Have you tried restarting the client / system?

Thread Information