Forum

Get the port of a virtual server

Hi,

is it a way to get the port that a virtual server is running ?
    Thx

Where are you trying to do that?

I work on a teamspeak plugin for our online engine. I can't explain all about how the engine works just I need to retreive informations about teamspeak lib, which still running while our server code version change.
    I can get a lot about virtual server, channel, client but not on virtual server port.

You create the virtual servers at some point during execution of your application, specifying the port of the new virtual server and getting the server ID back. As such your application should already know which server is running on which port.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

This is not as simple as you think because of our network engine that manage version. Each version is push on the application server and it runs the new code as a new host while the old version still running if players are yet on it. So they share the teamspeak virtual server but actually can't share information.
    The best solution is to create our teamspeak plugin at application server level to allow sharing data on all operations on the teamspeak server, I will do that on the next version.
    I just wondered if it was possible to get it from a sdk function. It's not possible, I got it.
    Thanks for your answer.

If they share the TeamSpeak server, that should mean that the TS servers are either in a separate process altogether, or they're reusing those spawned by the previous process. In either case you would seem to have to have some means to determine whether the TS servers are running, and thus could just add to that exposing the information you need.
    It'd only be possible to get information about servers running in the current instance of the server library anyway, if you need more you'd have to expose that from within your server process in some form to make it accessible to other processes.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information