Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

ClientQuery - edit own description via ServerQuery

How does one change the description of their own client via the ClientQuery ? Assuming I have the "b_client_modify_own_description" permission and I can change my own description via the TeamSpeak3 GUI.

I do not have any permission regarding database edits (so no "b_client_modify_dbproperties")

As far as documentation goes, only "clientupdate" is used to update client owned properties, but that one doesn't support the description.

The query command is
    Code:
    clientdbedit cldbid=xx client_description=Test\sdescription!
    And permission b_client_modify_description needs to enabled when you set it on another user or b_client_modify_own_description when you use your own Query login to edit your own description.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

See, that's also what I tried first. But I get greeted by this lovely error messge:

Code:
    whoami
    clid=51 cid=9
    error id=0 msg=ok

clientgetuidfromclid clid=51
    notifyclientuidfromclid schandlerid=9 clid=51 cluid=********************************* nickname=*******
    error id=0 msg=ok

clientgetdbidfromuid cluid=*********************************
    notifyclientdbidfromuid schandlerid=9 cluid=********************************* cldbid=12478
    error id=0 msg=ok

clientdbedit cldbid=12478 client_description=Test
    error id=2568 msg=insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=228
    228 is presumably b_client_modify_dbproperties, which I do not have. I definitely do have b_client_modify_own_description though, because I can set my description in the GUI Client.
    Last edited by wlkghwecm; February 8th, 2018 at 11:55 PM. Reason: corrected permission name

permsid=b_client_modify_own_description permid=228
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Even in older server builds (3.0.12.4) ? Looking at some online resources, 228 seemed to be b_client_modify_dbproperties a couple of version ago. It is really weird, because I can change my own description in the GUI client.
    Last edited by wlkghwecm; February 9th, 2018 at 01:59 AM.

Those server versions are not supported anymore.
    Please use 3.0.13.8 or latest 3.1.0 beta.
    In the 3.1.0 servers 228 is b_client_modify_own_description.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

OP is right, Chris. Changing the description via ClientQuery does need DB editing permissions. In fact, b_client_modify_dbproperties is a pointless permission, because the description is the only thing that can be edited via clientdbedit. There is nothing* else. What you suggest, Chris, is only valid for ServerQuery clients, that can use clientupdate (..._own_description) and clientedit (_description).

* = Documentation says you can also use it to allow an offline client to talk in that offline client's current channel while that client is at the same time not currently connected and connected to a moderated channel. TeamSpeak logic.

Thread Information