Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Listen/hear or read another channel

Is it possible to setup TS, so you can be in one channel and listen to another channel?

BR
    Jannick

Being in two channels on one server using multiple tabs - yes.
    Receiving and sending whispers from anywhere to anywhere - yes.
    Spying on another channel without being in it - no.
    Last edited by dante696; April 7th, 2016 at 10:30 AM. Reason: marked important part in red

[looking for plugin] listen in to other channels?

Recently, in the server i work in there has been a person who has been acting more paranoid then a psych ward member on december 30th of 2011, and for the sake of the owner of the server i use, i was wondering if there was a program that could "listen in" to other channels, so we can safely moderate without him screaming bloody murder every time. so to clarify, i need something that can let admins to listen in to other channels, a simple "inverse" of the whisper system would be amazing. Thank you for anyone who tried, weather or not something is found.

does not exist. TeamSpeak will not make it either. "This is TeamSpeak, not TeamSpy" is the normal response.

i don't see why something would be out of the question, its not invasion of privacy when someone is in someone else's "digital house", its only fair if i can hear them from my room...

Actually it's not your house, you're on rent. The metapher stinks, I hope you know that ;P The whole existence of channels is a promise, a promise to talk to a defined set of people - so it'd be exactly that, an invasion of privacy. Fairness ain't got nothing to do with it but trust, the trust the technology keeps up a promise made. Undermining this trust would be nothing else but corporate suicide, no matter what good intentions.
    Also, iirc the proper reference is SpySpeak

However, discussing that in the plugins forum is moot, since it's impossible to do as a plugin.
    Last edited by Philosound; June 21st, 2013 at 09:15 AM. Reason: fix my english

As mentioned a thousand times before: This should not be possible, is not possible and will never be possible. It's TeamSpeak not SpySpeak.
    If you feel the need to spy on members in your TeamSpeak, something is wrong in other places. It indicates you don't trust the person(s) you want to spy on and if that is the case then you should not grant them any power, or have them on your server, depending on the cause of the felt need to spy.

Closed
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

How can I listen in on a channel?

I am hosting a Teamspeak 3 server through removed and I was wondering if there's a way to listen in on channels without the people inside of it hearing you join/seeing you joined. Thanks!
    Last edited by dante696; February 4th, 2015 at 07:36 AM.

No. (padding to get minimum characters for post to post)

How to listen in another channel without being in it

Is it possible to be in channel X and be listening to channel Y at the same time?
    Last edited by dante696; April 13th, 2015 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Merged. You will not be able to do this!

Read Chat in other channels without entering it?

hi
    i'm going in Read Chat in other channels without entering it Is it possible?
    if it is possible how to?
    Last edited by dante696; April 7th, 2016 at 10:31 AM. Reason: merged. hell no

Thumbs up is it possible to listen to channels without entering them? or enter quiet?

Hello teamspeak community,
    is it possible to listen to channels without entering them? or enter quiet? (I'm owner of the ts if that helps in anyway)
    Cheers, Clarky.
    Last edited by dante696; June 10th, 2016 at 10:51 PM. Reason: merged

Question Question

Hello I want to know if its possible to listen to people in a channel without be a spy I superadmin of Teamspeak

You can listen to people if you're in the same room they're and they're sending to the channel.
    You will also hear whispers directed at you / the channel you're currently in.

Other than that you won't be able to listen to people.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Being admin privileges

being an admin can i hear what others talk on privates channels?

Thread Information