Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Update 3.3.0 license issue

Hi,
    I have a problem with the upgrade to version 3.3.0. I found a guide that just download the new version and install in place of the old one. If this is an error, please ask for some instructions on how to perform the update.

When you try to start the server, a message appears asking you to accept the license. I have created the ts3server_license_accepted file, but nothing has changed.

My system:
    Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
    x86_64
    Current ts3 server: 3.2.0

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.png 
Views:	524 
Size:	208.4 KB 
ID:	16956

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2.png 
Views:	351 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	16957
    Last edited by dante696; August 15th, 2018 at 03:16 PM. Reason: merged

You missed the dot in .ts3server_license_accepted
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I am very surprised by the aggressive way Teamspeak "Official" are replying here ... a real shame

Even the tarball doesn't have any README inside ... We have to guess the shell scripts need to be used ...

For setting an environment variable, this quite simple.

With the user that will launch teamspeak (create a new user teamspeak is a very good idea):
    Code:
    $export TS3SERVER_LICENSE="accept"
    Then ensure the export value is good:
    Code:
    $ echo $TS3SERVER_LICENSE
    accept
    Once the acceptance value is here, launch the server:
    Code:
    ./ts3server_startscript.sh start

trying to install server 3.3, after a full clean reinstall of ubuntu 18.

It's been 3 years since I had to update my server; I'm beyond slightly rusty: I keep getting this message after a start script.
    HELP. IM LOST!

/usr/local/teamspeak$ ./ts3server_startscript.sh start
    Starting the TeamSpeak 3 server
    Please set the environment variable TS3SERVER_LICENSE to "accept" in order to accept the license agreement.
    Alternatively, create a file named ".ts3server_license_accepted" in the working directory or start the server with the command line parameter "license_accepted=1".
    To view the license agreement set TS3SERVER_LICENSE to "view" in order to print the license to the console.
    Alternatively view the file "LICENSE" in your favorite text viewer yourself.
    TeamSpeak 3 server could not start

--------------------------merged--------------------------

WOW, Very disappointing indeed.

I too am very put off by the aggressive manners and vague replies I see here from the OFFICIAL TEAMSPEAK people.
    Perhaps there are so many questions because no one can provide meaningful answers. wouldn't it then be simple to just provide some detailed tutorials; then point people there?

Lemme put this another way. By not making this an easy transition (or at the very least - a way to make the transition) you are driving people away from your product.

It was your update that caused these issues. Having some details on issues people will run into and directions to solve issues would be beneficial to the people that run these servers.

we all know there's another VOIP out there that many people prefer, so the longer these servers are down the higher the chance someone will not return are probably at an all time high.

yet SOME OF the replies I've seen here seem to be made by someone too put upon to truly be helpful.
    Last edited by dante696; August 20th, 2018 at 10:07 AM. Reason: merged 2 posts

Teamspeak server startet nicht

Guten Tag!
    Unser teamspeak Server startet derzeit nicht! Der Fehler ist, wie bei den meisten anderen"Please set the environment variable TS3SERVER_LICENSE to "accept" in order to accept the license agreement.
    Alternatively, create a file named ".ts3server_license_accepted" in the working directory or start the server with the command line parameter "license_accepted=1".
    To view the license agreement set TS3SERVER_LICENSE to "view" in order to print the license to the console.
    Alternatively view the file "LICENSE" in your favorite text viewer yourself."
    Wir bitten um hilfe, wir haben die Datei etc schon erstellt, aber es funktioniert trotzdem nicht!
    Last edited by dante696; September 4th, 2018 at 09:43 AM. Reason: merged

Bestimmt hast die Datei keinen Punkt vorm Namen (.ts3server_license_accepted)
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

license agreement

Runned TS server. All goes well until some user one of three used it) tells me about can’ connect. Checked, server not runned. Okay! trying to run from command line and get:

ts3*****:~/teamspeak3-server_linux_amd64$ Please set the environment variable TS3SERVER_LICENSE to "accept" in order to accept the license agreement.
    Alternatively view the file "LICENSE" in your favorite text viewer yourself.

Great news but how about before? How I was run server before without this? Or maybe TS updated himself automatically? But another (and even main) question about agree to license - there is SO FUCKING HARD to ask user about agree (or not) at first start? You want admins to know about license? Don’t you ask it at download (on your site of coz)? Or you think system administrators don’t know about it? There is no trouble to create file or pass command line argument. But why server wants it and not helps with it?
    Last edited by dante696; November 10th, 2018 at 06:47 PM. Reason: merged

PLEASE HELP License!

So Im creating my server I unzip and start it up and start the server but it says I need a license but I dont know what it wants with a file or creating a environment change someone please help and dont just tell me to read the quick start thats not helping at all!
    Last edited by dante696; March 27th, 2019 at 10:23 AM. Reason: merged

just read the open and read the license file with any text editor (that file can be found in server folder).
    In case you accept the license agreement you can create a new file with name .ts3server_license_accepted.

On Linux / Mac you can create that file with command touch .ts3server_license_accepted

Hi all,

i had the same Problem, even i had the ".ts3server_license_accepted" File in the teamspeak Folder.
    ( If you dont have it then just "touch .ts3server_license_accepted" Command ).

What helped me was:

/etc/init.d/teamspeak restart

(( /etc/init.d/teamspeak {start|stop|restart|status} ))

Maybee it helps you too ...
    Nice Greetings.

1-create new text
    2-rename the text to .ts3server_license_accepted
    3-drag the text to the ts3 folder
    4-start your server

video here: https://youtu.be/txcYQPdzU2Q

Thread Information