Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Server 3.1 doesn't start (asks for license)

Hi I just got my first VPS around a week ago and I would like to open a ts3 server on it. I am semi new to linux but I learn quickly. Basically when I run ts3server_startscript.sh it says:

Starting the TeamSpeak 3 server
    Please set the environment variable TS3SERVER_LICENSE to "accept" in order to accept the license agreement.
    Alternatively, create a file named ".ts3server_license_accepted" in the working directory or start the server with the command line parameter "license_accepted=1".
    To view the license agreement set TS3SERVER_LICENSE to "view" in order to print the license to the console.
    Alternatively view the file "LICENSE" in your favorite text viewer yourself.
    TeamSpeak 3 server could not start

I am using WinSCP and PuTTY to view and edit server files. Any information that I don't know is helpful information.

Thanks
    Last edited by dante696; February 14th, 2018 at 10:33 PM. Reason: thread moved and renamed

What is the question?
    Is it 'How to run the server'?

The shown text explains what you need to accept the license agreement.
    Just do the first one or do one of the alternative to accept the license.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Yeah in hindsight I guess I really didn't ask a direct question so that is my bad.

So I created a file named ts3server_license_accepted and added the phrase "license_accepted=1" nothing changed
    I viewed the "License" file in WinSCP, and there is no area where I am able to input "accept" or "agree"
    I am not sure how to change enviornment variables.
    Also I don't have a "TS3_SERVER" file so I don't know how to set it to "view"

Here is a picture of all the files http://prntscr.com/ieus16

If what I need to do is hard to explain I am willing to talk on teamspeak if that would make it easier to explain.

It says .ts3server_license_accepted, not ts3server_license_accepted.

Also, you should learn about environment variables and what they do.

Running public servers without background knowledge is dangerous and irresponsible, just like driving a car without a license.

Learn how to drive or use public transport. Don't put others at risk.

@DomHolley
    It's like RandomHost said. The file is called .ts3server_license_accepted and not only ts3server_license_accepted.

You should use google how you can set a system environment variable on your operation system in case you want to do this instead.
    I personally prefer to create the file or to add the parameter into my server.ini. so i can move the server without the need to set a system variable.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    Running public servers without background knowledge is dangerous and irresponsible, just like driving a car without a license.
    Learn how to drive or use public transport. Don't put others at risk.
    That's a little over the top.
    Having background knowledge would be nice or at least that the user reads help files or what the server prints.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TS3 won't start after updating on Ubuntu 16.04

Hello.

1.) I stopped TS3 server
    2.) I Back-uped my TS3 folder
    3.) I extracted new tar.bz2 file and copied it to my TS3 folder
    4.) I chowned TS3 folder to TS3 user
    Code:
    sudo chown -R teamspeak:teamspeak teamspeak
    5.) I started TS3
    Code:
    systemctl start teamspeak.service
    6.) I cannot start it anymore

Code:
    systemctl status teamspeak.service
    Code:
    ● teamspeak.service - TeamSpeak 3 Server
       Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/teamspeak.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
       Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: resources) since Fri 2018-03-30 21:42:53 CEST; 7s ago
      Process: 1249 ExecStop=/home/teamspeak/ts3server_startscript.sh stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
      Process: 4617 ExecStart=/home/teamspeak/ts3server_startscript.sh start inifile=ts3server.ini (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
     Main PID: 1215 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Mar 30 21:42:53 kil systemd[1]: Failed to start TeamSpeak 3 Server.
    Mar 30 21:42:53 kil systemd[1]: teamspeak.service: Unit entered failed state.
    Mar 30 21:42:53 kil systemd[1]: teamspeak.service: Failed with result 'resources'.

Code:
    journalctl -xe
    Code:
    Mar 30 21:43:23 kil systemd[1]: Starting TeamSpeak 3 Server...
    -- Subject: Unit teamspeak.service has begun start-up
    -- Defined-By: systemd
    -- Support: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel
    --
    -- Unit teamspeak.service has begun starting up.
    Mar 30 21:43:23 kil ts3server_startscript.sh[4637]: Starting the TeamSpeak 3 server
    Mar 30 21:43:23 kil ts3server_startscript.sh[4637]: Please set the environment variable TS3SERVER_LICENSE to "accept" in order to accept the license agreement.
    Mar 30 21:43:23 kil ts3server_startscript.sh[4637]: Alternatively, create a file named ".ts3server_license_accepted" in the working directory or start the server with the command line parameter "licens
    Mar 30 21:43:23 kil ts3server_startscript.sh[4637]: To view the license agreement set TS3SERVER_LICENSE to "view" in order to print the license to the console.
    Mar 30 21:43:23 kil ts3server_startscript.sh[4637]: Alternatively view the file "LICENSE" in your favorite text viewer yourself.
    Mar 30 21:43:23 kil ts3server_startscript.sh[4637]: TeamSpeak 3 server could not start
    Mar 30 21:43:23 kil systemd[1]: teamspeak.service: PID file /home/teamspeak/ts3server.pid not readable (yet?) after start: No such file or directory
    Mar 30 21:43:23 kil systemd[1]: Failed to start TeamSpeak 3 Server.
    -- Subject: Unit teamspeak.service has failed
    -- Defined-By: systemd
    -- Support: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel
    --
    -- Unit teamspeak.service has failed.
    --
    -- The result is failed.
    Mar 30 21:43:23 kil systemd[1]: teamspeak.service: Unit entered failed state.
    Mar 30 21:43:23 kil systemd[1]: teamspeak.service: Failed with result 'resources'.

Can anyone help me please?
    Last edited by dante696; April 1st, 2018 at 01:21 AM. Reason: merged

Please read the posted output. You did not accept the license.

ts license accepted

Code:
    Please set the environment variable TS3SERVER_LICENSE to "accept" in order to accept the license agreement.
    Alternatively, create a file named ".ts3server_license_accepted" in the working directory or start the server with the command line parameter "license_accepted=1".
    To view the license agreement set TS3SERVER_LICENSE to "view" in order to print the license to the console.
    What should I do?
    Last edited by dante696; April 29th, 2018 at 10:41 PM. Reason: merged

Also getting
    [Disconnected from server (server version is too old for command)]

Upgraded server..

so how can myself and others get back on my server?

may have fixed it.. nope

Code:
    [[email protected] 1]# service teamspeak start
    shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
    chdir: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
    nice update, thanks. maybe time for me to go to discord now? I really hate hassle.
    Last edited by dante696; June 28th, 2018 at 11:12 PM. Reason: moved to right thread

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Alternatively view the file "LICENSE" in your favorite text viewer yourself

nice update, thanks. maybe time for me to go to discord now? I really hate hassle.
    You pasted (text in red) what you need to do and this is not related to server 3.3.0.
    You already had to agree to license in previous server versions.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    You pasted (text in red) what you need to do and this is not related to server 3.3.0.
    You already had to agree to license in previous server versions.
    which is effort,I like ts3 because its effortless, surely people agree to it before they download it,

thing is now I've kinda fucked my server up as only I can use it now I guess.. or have I someone got to find away to contact everyone so they can stick there clients into beta mode? JUST so they can connect? extremely bad move. fix this. Or will it work? I tried a few servers some didn't connect? o.0

or have I someone got to find away to contact everyone so they can stick there clients into beta mode? JUST so they can connect? extremely bad move. fix this. Or will it work? I tried a few servers some didn't connect? o.0
    Client versions 3.1.7 and above are capable of connecting to the beta server. So unless all those people are using outdated client versions, they should be able to connect just fine.

You (using the beta client) won't be able to connect to servers running old server versions (before 3.1.0) as the beta client is incompatible with these old servers.

So any server that hasn't been updated in the last 4 months will be inaccessible using the beta client, and any client that hasn't updated their client in the past 7 months won't be able to connect to the beta server.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

I really hate hassle.
    You failed to spell "reading" correctly I guess.

which is effort
    Here's a guide how to get a TeamSpeak server without effort.

Problems with server licence accept

Hello,

A few weeks ago, my server has "disconnected" after a few minutes, I looked at the log as shown below, but I have already done all the procedure ... my license is NPL type and is not expired ... what should I do? the server crashes after a few minutes ... is it server or license issue?

Code:
    "Please set the environment variable TS3SERVER_LICENSE to "accept" in order to accept the license agreement.
    Alternatively view the file "LICENSE" in your favorite text viewer yourself."

Code:
    2018-07-30 00:26:53.158498|INFO    |VirtualServer |3  |listening on 0.0.0.0:9988, [::]:9988
    2018-07-30 00:27:52.403963|INFO    |VirtualServerBase|3  |stopped
    Last edited by dante696; August 2nd, 2018 at 07:07 AM. Reason: merged

ToDo List

The first code is a instruction, if you updated your server to 3.1.* or just installed a server above 3.1.
    You should create a file called ".ts3server_license_accepted" in the working directory which the teamspeak server is using to get started.

IF IT IS STILL NOT WORKING: Your license is kinda invalid or someone is using it for another teamspeak server, I had the same problem once.

Thread Information