Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Old client can't update on XP / Vista

Two days ago everything was fine. Went to login yesterday and got 'cannot connect to server'. Today it tells me "The server requires a newer client version." I click the update button and it tells me this, "This is the last TeamSpeak version available for Windows XP."

I am limited in budget and cannot get a newer OS. Why can't you just carry the XP permissions to the new client updates so I can continue using your product. Please!

I have old games I play that need an old OS.
    Last edited by dante696; May 24th, 2018 at 08:39 PM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Mouser View Post
    Why can't you just carry the XP
    XP is dead and not maintained from Microsoft + your operation system does miss certificates we need for the client.
    And no we don't want to add any workarounds for dead operation systems.

Supported solution

Update to Windows 7 SP1 or newer to use our client or server
    Last edited by dante696; March 24th, 2018 at 02:21 PM. Reason: solution added
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

wow, that's some attitude thanks for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Mouser View Post
    wow, that's some attitude thanks for nothing
    Dude.. you can't expect a company to care about a OS that isn't supported anymore by it's own manufacturer since nearly 4 years.

XP support ended in april 2014.

And a windows 7 key is like 10 bucks or less on amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    XP is dead and not maintained from Microsoft + your operation system does miss certificates we need for the client.
    And no we don't want to add any workarounds for dead operation systems.
    Desktop operating system market share for February.

windows 7 48.41%
    windows 10 25.19%
    windows xp 8.45%
    windows 8.1 6.87%
    Mac OS X 10.12 2.91%
    Linux 2.05%
    Windows 8 1.65%
    Mac OS X 10.11 1.55%
    Mac OS X 10.10 1.00%
    Windows Vista 0.78%

Windows xp is still heavily used by users. Please, do not call it a dead system, because you are just ridiculing yourself.
    The truth is that you got users in the ass. But remember that you are not the only one on the market.

Why run a forum for users, If you block users ?
    Last edited by dante696; February 17th, 2018 at 02:22 PM. Reason: merged 2 posts

Quote Originally Posted by cancer3 View Post
    Includes ATMs and other cashier systems etc. using an outdated insecure not maintained dead operation system.

Windows XP is dead. It's a fact.
    I'm pretty sure people out there still use a Betamax or iPod (not touch Version) but per definition these are dead technologies. Same definition counts for XP.

You are not blocked. Reading the message after your post was send explained, that you have to wait for a moderator. You saw that message 3 times.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Includes ATMs and other cashier systems etc. using an outdated insecure not maintained dead operation system.
    While I agree that "consumer-grade" PCs with Windows XP installed should be incinerated, I truly hope ATMs and cashier systems do not use Windows XP, but Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 instead, that is XP-based and iirc reported as XP, and in fact POSReady 2009 is "supported" until 2019.

Just for the record

Windows XP is dead. It's a fact.
    I'm pretty sure people out there still use a Betamax or iPod (not touch Version) but per definition these are dead technologies. Same definition counts for XP.

You are not blocked. Reading the message after your post was send explained, that you have to wait for a moderator. You saw that message 3 times.

Ignoring Windows xp is not very professional. Millions of users still use this system. Do what you want it is your software.There are other software on the market.

windows 7 48.41%
    windows 10 25.19%
    windows xp 8.45%
    windows 8.1 6.87%
    Mac OS X 10.12 2.91%
    Linux 2.05%
    Windows 8 1.65%
    Mac OS X 10.11 1.55%
    Mac OS X 10.10 1.00%
    Windows Vista 0.78%

Windows xp is still heavily used by users. Please, do not call it a dead system, because you are just ridiculing yourself.
    The truth is that you got users in the ass. But remember that you are not the only one on the market.

No clue about your source, because you didn't bothered to provide one, but every other current static from 2018 says XP is at around 4%

The steam hardware-survey even says XP is at 0.2%

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey?l=english
    http://gs.statcounter.com/os-version...ktop/worldwide

So like Dante said. If you going to count every fucking ATM or industrial machine that is out there and maybe even gets some updates due to very costly Microsoft contracts for super extended support you get the 8%. But for the normal consumer/user, XP is dead.

Question TS3 and Windows XP

I have someone that has a computer that the O/S is Windows XP. The individual is trying to get TS3 to work on this platform.

Is there a version of TS3 for Windows XP, even an older one.

Thank you
    Last edited by dante696; March 4th, 2018 at 12:18 PM. Reason: merged

The question is not so much about the future of XP since TS 3.0.19.4 runs well.
    But why is there no compatibility between TS3 and TS3?
    (ex: Server 3.1.x and Client 3.0.19.4)

Because client 3.0.19.4 is damn old and not supported.
    Things in Server have changed and this makes old clients incompatible.

Error Update Ts3

Hello, I want to go to a server of teamspeak and say to me: https://i.imgur.com/j2nsVmS.png and after I gave "Yes" he said this to me: https: //i.imgur .com / RGUt6dO.png I gave the "Update" and waited to load, updated it and said this to me: https://i.imgur.com/nxeCODa.png if you can help me please nice , I have windows xp sp3 32bit or if you can give me a ts3 1.3.8 for xp
    Last edited by dante696; March 24th, 2018 at 02:07 PM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    Dude.. you can't expect a company to care about a OS that isn't supported anymore by it's own manufacturer since nearly 4 years.
    TeamSpeak should not care about Windows XP's manufacturer. They should care about their users and customers. Was there any survey (or statistical analysis by user agents of clients downloading TS, anonymous usage statistics, etc.) about how many people still use TeamSpeak on Windows XP? Or is it just in sake of developer conveinence to drop one more platform to maintain for? Keeping a software compatible with XP doesn't require great efforts. It requires an extra build step and maybe an extra Makefile.

That's wrong. ATMs run POSReady 2009 and are not connected directly to the Internet, but to various intranets of banks. This means they won't appear on NetMarketShare. In addition, POSReady is a still-supported operating system so your buzzwords dead, not maintained, insecure just simply don't apply.

If there are Betamax cameras and non-touch iPods in good working condition, still used by people, you can't call them dead. A dead device is something that won't work. It won't turn on, won't do anything from its original functionality. Windows XP is still up and running on at least on 100 million computers. There is no such thing as dead technology. This is just a marketing idealism that help corporate giants make continuous profit by selling their reinvented wheels year after year (Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10).

Windows XP is not dead. It's still used by 100 million people. Four times as much people that use Linux, one of your supported platforms. An operating system with this userbase does deserve continued support. Your customers deserve cntinued support. Please fork at least an LTS version of 3.0.19.4 and support it with bugfix-only releases for Windows XP.

Need help, old clients are not connecting to the server

Hi, everybody. In fact, we are faced with a small problem. I have included a TeamSpeak 3 server on it are people who play the game on my server.
    But there are people who have very weak computers and they would also like to sit in TeamSpeak 3 ( they mostly play games such as CS, La2 ) but because of the server version is impossible.
    They wrote to update the version of the client TeamSpeak 3.
    https://imgur.com/a/ydAYyHC
    Yes Yes, they use Windows XP ( above their computers do not pull and x32 version )
    Looked on the Internet, some say that in the ts3server file.sqlitedb if you open it Navicat ( or other programs, there is a list, I will not list )
    The table server_properties there is a line virtualserver_min_client_version and there is need to change to the desired version ( now is 1513163251 ) which version should be put to be able to enter the old customers? Is there any way to do that? Or you yourself can fix it in the next version? I'd really appreciate it. And many hope that podderzhut this topic.
    Last edited by dante696; May 13th, 2019 at 12:23 PM. Reason: moved out of forum section

Thread Information