Forum

Teamspeak client thinks I have no permissions and the only fix is reinstalling

Ok this bug is really weird, I'll try my best to explain it.

Randomly, all of my permissions disappear (I'm server owner and I host the server on a VPS). My teamspeak client greys out all of the options that require permissions. I can't ban from server, can't edit channels (everything is greyed out), can't see complaint/ban list, can't see server log, etc. I also can't edit descriptions, use channel commander, and the list goes on. However, if I connect via my android phone and use the same identity thanks to MyTeamspeak, everything works fine. So I can confirm that it's not a permissions issue, but a client issue.

The first time this bug happened was when I upgraded from 3.1.6 to 3.1.7. I had to reinstall my Teamspeak and then everything started working fine again. I thought it was a one-off thing from upgrading, maybe something went wrong, but clearly not.

Today, I encountered the bug again. I noticed it when I was using the RP Soundboard plugin and went to change channel codec and quality, when I noticed that I couldn't. I think this bug happened today, but I'm not sure what's causing it. I can still move channels around, and move people around, and lower ranks still can't move me or kick me, so it's clear that I still have the permissions. I can post any logs if needed, just tell me which ones.

EDIT: Just for reference, I'm the only one on the server who can change permissions.

Thanks.
    Last edited by BadassOverlord; February 17th, 2018 at 09:23 AM.

Please check your android and desktop client's identity on that server.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Please check your android and desktop client's identity on that server.
    They're exactly the same because they're synced with myteamspeak.

Just to make sure you really have the permissions: have you checked your permissions via permissions overview (right click on yourself -> permissions) while some options greyed out?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Just to make sure you really have the permissions: have you checked your permissions via permissions overview (right click on yourself -> permissions) while some options greyed out?
    My teamspeak is currently in the "Glitched" state. I can't even access the permissions overview menu - it's greyed out too. However, going into YaTQA and attempting to see my permissions overview, I can see that I've got all of my permissions.

This is further backed up by using the exact same identity on Teamspeak Android, since I can access all of the options for channel editing, server editing, and other admin options.

What you can try is deleting all files named "perm.dat" inside %APPDATA%\TS3Client\cache.
    I still ask you to check if you have the same UID, not if you use myTeamSpeak.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    What you can try is deleting all files named "perm.dat" inside %APPDATA%\TS3Client\cache.
    I still ask you to check if you have the same UID, not if you use myTeamSpeak.
    I have double checked the identity on both Android and Windows, and they are exactly the same.

But I've got good news - deleting perm.dat did the trick! Thanks for the help, saves me a ton of time from reinstalling and getting all of my custom plugins back.

This thread should be moved to bug reports then.

Thread Information