Forum

Problems getting Docker Server to recognize serverkey.dat

Hello!
    I am running our Server from a Plesk Docker. I was able to use Putty to create a directory for the container to use. It seems to work and has been putting files and folders there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2_21_03_18_5_42_27.gif 
Views:	107 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	16565

So I placed my serverkey.dat and liscencekey.dat in there as well and added TS3SERVER_LICENSEPATH /var/ts1 to the environment details. I even tried entering the path like /var/ts1/ and /var/ts1/serverkey.dat but it does not seem to be working for me. I keep getting this when it starts Unable to open /var/ts1/serverkey.dat/licensekey.dat, falling back to limited functionality

Name:	2_21_03_18_5_42_41.gif 
Views:	80 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	16566

If someone could take a look at what I have done and explain what I am doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate it.

~Bear

The server searches for the licensekey.dat only and yo do not set the filename into the TS3SERVER_LICENSEPATH.
    So set /var/ts1/ only and the server should be able to find the licensekey.dat.

Explained in https://docs.docker.com/samples/library/teamspeak/
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Just changed settings and it still gives the same message. Is there something else I am forgetting to do?

What is the new error message? (would be nice when you post a full log).
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

If you're mapping the volume into the docker container correctly and make the license available inside the docker container at /var/ts3server then you shouldn't need to specify the license path as /var/ts3server is the default location.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    What is the new error message? (would be nice when you post a full log).
    2018-03-22 13:27:34.188713|WARNING |Accounting | |Unable to open /var/ts1/licensekey.dat, falling back to limited functionality

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    If you're mapping the volume into the docker container correctly and make the license available inside the docker container at /var/ts3server then you shouldn't need to specify the license path as /var/ts3server is the default location.
    That is what I initially was going to do but I was unable to locate ts3server directory in var, that is what led me to create a directory and point to it in environmental settings of container. Unless I am looking in the wrong place.
    I am using WinSCP for this.

Name:	2_22_03_18_11_34_06.gif 
Views:	43 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	16570

This issue is now Resolved!

It still does not recognize the licensekey.dat stored in the local folder that the container is using for log files and so on and I still have NEVER been able to locate the container directory BUT I was able to get it to work by creating a directory in root and placing the licensekey.dat in it then use this command in putty:

docker cp /root/NEW_FOLDER_NAME/licensekey.dat YOUR_CONTAINER_NAME:THE_FIRST_DIRECTORY_LISTED_IN_VOLUME_MAPPING_IN_YO UR_CONTAINER_SETTINGS

Code:
    docker cp /root/ts/licensekey.dat teamspeak:/var/ts3server
    Thank You Everyone who tried to help me with this!

I am just still baffled as to why the container used a local folder to write directories and files but it would not recognize the liscensekey.dat there.

~Bear
    Last edited by Bear1968; March 24th, 2018 at 05:05 AM.

Thread Information