Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    removed image with personal details

@ShadowOfSouls

You are blocked from myteamspeak itself. You are trying to often.
    Please wait some minutes and then open the dialog again then try the key.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

@dante696 I'm not sure i follow. But nothing happens, even when I'm not connected to a server.

And how do i get a client log? Is that the text area that comes up when i connect to a server? Because nothing happens in that area when i try to enter the key. Even when i remove a character to get the fail message.

EDIT: Never mind, i found the client log. Will post it in here shortly.

Also, Im going to black out my key when i post the image.
    Last edited by Marthiiina; August 22nd, 2018 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    @ Marthiiina
    Please post a client log (start the client and do not connect to a server and then enter the key and press apply).

@ShadowOfSouls
    Resetting the password requires you to use the old key! The new requested key deleted the old one and made it more complicated :/
    Because you already got a new key after you did reset your password and used Fallback to get back into your account.

The thing you did quote is for Marthiiina and not for your problem.
    But I never got to use the fallback option.
    I just made a request for a new password on the site.
    After I got the new password, I made a request for a new key recovery.
    But in my android application is always asking me for my key recovery or else to make fallback

On the server where I am admin, there is always an error message every time I connect to the server.

<13:09:59> The TeamSpeak server was unable to validate the myTeamSpeak ID. Some services related to myTeamSpeak are not available.
    <13:09:59> Reconnect can solve the problem.

@ Marthiiina
    Please post a client log (start the client and do not connect to a server and then enter the key and press apply).
    here it is, something actually happens in the client log when i enter the key.
    Attachment 16992

@ShadowOfSouls

You are blocked from myteamspeak itself. You are trying to often.
    Please wait some minutes and then open the dialog again then try the key.
    Name:  ts.png
Views: 124
Size:  197.4 KB

22/08/2018 12:21:40 SyncImpl Error Error getting myteamspeak id: invalid_data

@ShadowOfSouls
    I may have found an error on Android preventing to send the right key to our system. I could reproduce this now and we may have a bug here.
    Please be patient till i report back or try to login on pc client with your data use the key there.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthiiina View Post
    here it is, something actually happens in the client log when i enter the key.
    I miss an error from ProtobufRPC or timeout after the key request.
    Nothing followed?

We are out of ideas. The only thing i can offer at this moment is to login with your account data and to use the key here and you change your account password. but only if you want that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowOfSouls View Post
    22/08/2018 12:21:40 SyncImpl Error Error getting myteamspeak id: invalid_data
    Yes you need to validate your account.
    Last edited by dante696; August 22nd, 2018 at 02:01 PM. Reason: damn typos :D
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

@dante696

"I miss an error from ProtobufRPC or timeout after the key request.
    Nothing followed?

We are out of ideas. The only thing i can offer at this moment is to login with your acount data and to sue the key here and you change your account password. but only if you want that."

Nope, nothing happens aside from the " SyncImpl Info Requesting use recovery key "

That text comes up every time i press Apply key.

So, what you are offering is for me to give you my account information, and the key (which you already have), and for you to try and apply it on your side? And afterwords I change my password?

I am up for that. But, if you can't get it to work on your side - that would also mean that I cannot change my password, because i cannot request a new key until this one is accepted, correct?
    Because if I change my password, while not getting the recovery key to work, said key will become invalid, no?

@ShadowOfSouls
    I may have found an error on Android preventing to send the right key to our system. I could reproduce this now and we may have a bug here.
    Please be patient till i report back or try to login on pc client with your data use the key there.

I miss an error from ProtobufRPC or timeout after the key request.
    Nothing followed?

We are out of ideas. The only thing i can offer at this moment is to login with your account data and to use the key here and you change your account password. but only if you want that.

Yes you need to validate your account.
    dante696 How i do?

@dante696

"I miss an error from ProtobufRPC or timeout after the key request.
    Nothing followed?

We are out of ideas. The only thing i can offer at this moment is to login with your acount data and to sue the key here and you change your account password. but only if you want that."

Nope, nothing happens aside from the " SyncImpl Info Requesting use recovery key "

That text comes up every time i press Apply key.

So, what you are offering is for me to give you my account information, and the key (which you already have), and for you to try and apply it on your side? And afterwords I change my password?

I am up for that. But, if you can't get it to work on your side - that would also mean that I cannot change my password, because i cannot request a new key until this one is accepted, correct?
    Because if I change my password, while not getting the recovery key to work, said key will become invalid, no?
    I do not have your account data. I only know your recovery key.
    A password change does not require a new key. Only the password reset does ask for the key.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowOfSouls View Post
    dante696 How i do?
    You wait till i reply to this. I have no solution yet.

@dante696
    Yeah, that is what i ment by "and the key (which you already have)".

Well okay then, lets do it. Cause it is kind of a bother that i keep getting the pop-up thing about teamspeak wanting the recovery key.

Then how do we do this, do I message you privetly here in the forums, or in some other manner about my account information?

Yea send me a private message on forum. I will reply after i tried it on my own.

Yea send me a private message on forum. I will reply after i tried it on my own.
    I've sent you the private message

@Marthiiina
    Thanks. Result is that the key is invalid.

We did re read the whole conversation and the following made us suspicious.
    (EDIT): I could actually ask for a new Recovery key today (?).
    How could you do that while your account could not be encrypted?
    That dialog should not be available till your could login without any errors.
    Your account is destroyed in case you really could access that dialog and request a new key.
    Old and new recovery would be worthless for this case.

Only fallback would help in that case. But fallback will whipe all your synced data.

edit
    @ShadowOfSouls
    are you also willing to share your myts login data and recovery key with me? So i can try to enter it for you.
    I'm not interested in your data!

Just send me a private message with your data (ps write your mail like user at email.dom or else it will be censored)

@Marthiiina
    Thanks. Result is that the key is invalid.

We did re read the whole conversation and the following made us suspicious.

How could you do that while your account could not be encrypted?
    That dialog should not be available till your could login without any errors.
    Your account is destroyed in case you really could access that dialog and request a new key.
    Old and new recovery would be worthless for this case.

Only fallback would help in that case. But fallback will whipe all your synced data.
    yeah i know that was wierd? Which is why i pointed it out? But the original key resulted in the same thing? Nothing happened when i used that either? Did you try both keys?
    I have no clue how that worked? So don't ask me.

I also tried the fallback before i saw that the place for "request new recovery key" was blue ( indicationg i could press it and get a key?) But that didn't work either. I can't do fallback, I've tried. It was the first thing i tried when the original key didnt work (since nothing happened).

What do you mean my account is destroyed? Did you erase it? What does that mean for me? I have done nothing wrong here?

EDIT: Since I've tried it out, I know by destroyed, you don't mean youve removed my account. Since i can still log into myteamspeak. Still it doesnt really tell me what you mean. Do you mean my account is somehow corrupted, and therefor not functioning as it should?

In either case, a fallback will remove synced data, but not the data on my side correct? (And yes, i still cannot actually do one on my side, a fallback.) Can you try to do the fallback of my account on your side?

And if you can, will that actually fix anything?

Thread Information